Synthesis and Characterization of Electrospun Carbon Nanofibers from Polyacrylonitrile and Graphite Nanoplatelets
AuthorsAlbetran, Hani Manssor
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/689937
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSol-gel electrospinning process was used to prepare electrospun carbon nanofibers (ECNFs) from polyacrylonitrile and graphite nanoplatelets. The nanofibers of as-electrospun carbon were calcinated in argon from room temperature to 500 °C for 1h. Scanning and transmission electron microscopy with energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy and X-ray diffractometry (XRD) were used to characterize the synthesized ECNFs. The smooth ECNFs with a diameter of 129 ± 43 nm comprised conical platelets of 30–200 µm length. The plane-layered nanofibers contained crystallites along the long fiber axis and were mainly parallel.
CitationAlbetran, H. M. (2023). Synthesis and Characterization of Electrospun Carbon Nanofibers from Polyacrylonitrile and Graphite Nanoplatelets. Materials, 16(4), 1749. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma16041749
SponsorsThe Core Labs of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is gratefully acknowledged for their technical assistance. Basic and Applied Scientific Research Center (BASRC), Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia are gratefully acknowledged.
JournalMaterials (Basel, Switzerland)
PubMed Central IDPMC9959694
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- A Simple Method for Preparation of Highly Conductive Nitrogen/Phosphorus-Doped Carbon Nanofiber Films.
- Authors: Chen T, Chi Y, Liu X, Xia X, Chen Y, Xu J, Song Y
- Issue date: 2022 Aug 29
- Coupling effect between the structure and surface characteristics of electrospun carbon nanofibres on the electrochemical activity towards the VO2(+)/VO(2+) redox couple.
- Authors: Wei G, Gao Z, Wei Z, Fan X, Liu J, Yan C
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 21
- The synthesis of titanium carbide-reinforced carbon nanofibers.
- Authors: Zhu P, Hong Y, Liu B, Zou G
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 24
- Performance of electrodes synthesized with polyacrylonitrile-based carbon nanofibers for application in electrochemical sensors and biosensors.
- Authors: Adabi M, Saber R, Faridi-Majidi R, Faridbod F
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Flexible and Conducting Carbon Nanofibers Obtained from Electrospun Polyacrylonitrile/Phosphoric Acid Nanofibers.
- Authors: Lim BH, Nirmala R, Navamathavan R, Kim HY
- Issue date: 2016 Jan