Highly Efficient Electrocatalytic Oxygen Evolution Over Atomically Dispersed Synergistic Ni/Co Dual Sites
Angew Chem Int Ed - 2022 - Pei - Highly Efficient Electrocatalytic Oxygen Evolution Over Atomically Dispersed Synergistic _removed.pdf
Embargo End Date:
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Embargo End Date2023-07-27
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/679994
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSingle-atom catalysts (SACs) are being pursued as economical electrocatalysts. However, their low active-site loading, poor interactions, and unclear catalytic mechanism call for significant advances. Herein, atomically dispersed Ni/Co dual sites anchored on nitrogen-doped carbon (a-NiCo/NC) hollow prisms are rationally designed and synthesized. Benefiting from the atomically dispersed dual-metal sites and their synergistic interactions, the obtained a-NiCo/NC sample exhibits superior electrocatalytic activity and kinetics towards the oxygen evolution reaction. Moreover, density functional theory calculations indicate that the strong synergistic interactions from heteronuclear paired Ni/Co dual sites lead to the optimization of the electronic structure and the reduced reaction energy barrier. This work provides a promising strategy for the synthesis of high-efficiency atomically dispersed dual-site SACs in the field of electrochemical energy storage and conversion.
CitationPei, Z., Lu, X. F., Zhang, H., Li, Y., Luan, D., & Lou, X.-W. (David). (2022). Highly Efficient Electrocatalytic Oxygen Evolution Over Atomically Dispersed Synergistic Ni/Co Dual Sites. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. Portico. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.202207537
SponsorsX.W.L. acknowledges thefunding support from the Ministry of Education of Singapore through the Academic Research Fund (AcRF) Tier-2 grant (MOE2019-T2-2-049). The authors thank Dr. Shibo Xi and the X-ray absorption fine structure for catalysis (XAFCA) beamline of the Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS) for supporting the XAFS measurements.
- Atomically Dispersed Binary Co-Ni Sites in Nitrogen-Doped Hollow Carbon Nanocubes for Reversible Oxygen Reduction and Evolution.
- Authors: Han X, Ling X, Yu D, Xie D, Li L, Peng S, Zhong C, Zhao N, Deng Y, Hu W
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Synergistic Effect of Atomically Dispersed Ni-Zn Pair Sites for Enhanced CO<sub>2</sub> Electroreduction.
- Authors: Li Y, Wei B, Zhu M, Chen J, Jiang Q, Yang B, Hou Y, Lei L, Li Z, Zhang R, Lu Y
- Issue date: 2021 Oct
- Atomically Dispersed Selenium Sites on Nitrogen-Doped Carbon for Efficient Electrocatalytic Oxygen Reduction.
- Authors: Hu H, Wang J, Cui B, Zheng X, Lin J, Deng Y, Han X
- Issue date: 2022 Jan 17
- Precise constructed atomically dispersed Fe/Ni sites on porous nitrogen-doped carbon for oxygen reduction.
- Authors: Bai J, Ge W, Zhou P, Xu P, Wang L, Zhang J, Jiang X, Li X, Zhou Q, Deng Y
- Issue date: 2022 Jun 15
- A doping-adsorption-pyrolysis strategy for constructing atomically dispersed cobalt sites anchored on a N-doped carbon framework as an efficient bifunctional electrocatalyst for hydrogen evolution and oxygen reduction.
- Authors: Pan Y, Wang M, Feng C
- Issue date: 2022 Jul 14