Single-Step Fabricable Flexible Metadisplays for Sensitive Chemical/Biomedical Packaging Security and Beyond
Final Version ACS AMI_Manuscript.pdf
Embargo End Date:
AuthorsNaveed, Muhammad Ashar
Ansari, Muhammad Afnan
Massoud, Yehia Mahmoud
Oh, Dong Kyo
Mehmood, Muhammad Qasim
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Science and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical and Computer Engineering Program
Innovative Technologies Laboratories (ITL)
Embargo End Date2023-07-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/679614
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSecure packaging and transportation of light-sensitive chemical and biomedical test tubes are crucial for environmental protection and public health. Benefiting from the compact form factor and high efficiency of optical metasurfaces, we propose a broad-band polarization-insensitive flexible metasurface for the security of sensitive packages in the transport industry. We employ both the propagation and the geometric phase of novel TiO2 resin-based anisotropic nanoresonators to demonstrate a flexible and broad-band polarization-insensitive metasurface in the visible domain. The ultraviolet nanoimprint lithographic technique (UV-NIL) is used to fabricate high-index TiO2 nanoparticle-embedded-resin (nano-PER) structures that are patterned on a flexible substrate. This novel approach provides swift single-step fabrication without secondary fabrication steps such as deposition and etching. Moreover, replicating and transforming patterns over flexible substrates make the proposed technique highly suitable for large-throughput commercial manufacturing. As the proposed metahologram manifests high transmission efficiency in the visible domain, such flexible metaholographic platforms could find several exciting applications in bendable/curved displays, wearable devices, and holographic labeling for interactive displays.
CitationNaveed, M. A., Kim, J., Ansari, M. A., Kim, I., Massoud, Y., Kim, J., Oh, D. K., Badloe, T., Lee, J., Kim, Y., Jeon, D., Choi, J., Zubair, M., Mehmood, M. Q., & Rho, J. (2022). Single-Step Fabricable Flexible Metadisplays for Sensitive Chemical/Biomedical Packaging Security and Beyond. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.2c09628
SponsorsThis work was financially supported by the POSCO-POSTECH-RIST Convergence Research Center program funded by POSCO, the LGD-SNU incubation program funded by LG Display, and the National Research Foundation (NRF) grants (NRF-2021K1A3A1A17086079, NRF-2021M3H4A1A04086554) funded by the Ministry of Science and ICT (MSIT) of the Korean government. I.K. acknowledges the NRF Sejong Science fellowship (NRF-2021R1C1C2004291) funded by the MSIT of the Korean government.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Photonic Encryption Platform via Dual-Band Vectorial Metaholograms in the Ultraviolet and Visible.
- Authors: Kim J, Jeon D, Seong J, Badloe T, Jeon N, Kim G, Kim J, Baek S, Lee JL, Rho J
- Issue date: 2022 Mar 22
- Broad-Band Polarization-Insensitive Metasurface Holography with a Single-Phase Map.
- Authors: Javed I, Kim J, Naveed MA, Oh DK, Jeon D, Kim I, Zubair M, Massoud Y, Mehmood MQ, Rho J
- Issue date: 2022 Aug 10
- Fabrication of TiO2 nano-to-microscale structures using UV nanoimprint lithography.
- Authors: Choi JH, Jo HB, Choi HJ, Lee H
- Issue date: 2013 May 17
- Nanoimprint lithography for high-throughput fabrication of metasurfaces.
- Authors: Oh DK, Lee T, Ko B, Badloe T, Ok JG, Rho J
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Facile Nanocasting of Dielectric Metasurfaces with Sub-100 nm Resolution.
- Authors: Kim K, Yoon G, Baek S, Rho J, Lee H
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 24