The emerging link between cancer, metabolism, and circadian rhythms
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/678635
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe circadian clock is a complex cellular mechanism that, through the control of diverse metabolic and gene expression pathways, governs a large array of cyclic physiological processes. Epidemiological and clinical data reveal a connection between the disruption of circadian rhythms and cancer that is supported by recent preclinical data. In addition, results from animal models and molecular studies underscore emerging links between cancer metabolism and the circadian clock. This has implications for therapeutic approaches, and we discuss the possible design of chronopharmacological strategies.
CitationMasri, S., & Sassone-Corsi, P. (2018). The emerging link between cancer, metabolism, and circadian rhythms. Nature Medicine, 24(12), 1795–1803. doi:10.1038/s41591-018-0271-8
SponsorsThe Masri laboratory is supported by a K22 Transition Career Development Award through the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the Concern Foundation, and the V Foundation for Cancer Research. Work in the Sassone-Corsi laboratory is supported by NIH (National Institutes of Health), INSERM (Institut National de la Sante et la Recherche Medicale, France), and KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia).
PubMed Central IDPMC6535395
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Circadian Clocks and Cancer: Timekeeping Governs Cellular Metabolism.
- Authors: Verlande A, Masri S
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Transcriptional Control of Circadian Rhythms and Metabolism: A Matter of Time and Space.
- Authors: Kim YH, Lazar MA
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 1
- Metabolic rivalry: circadian homeostasis and tumorigenesis.
- Authors: Kinouchi K, Sassone-Corsi P
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Circadian Clocks Make Metabolism Run.
- Authors: Sinturel F, Petrenko V, Dibner C
- Issue date: 2020 May 29
- MYC Ran Up the Clock: The Complex Interplay between MYC and the Molecular Circadian Clock in Cancer.
- Authors: Burchett JB, Knudsen-Clark AM, Altman BJ
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 20