Thermal cooling performance of convective non-Newtonian nanofluid flowing with variant power-index across moving extending surface
KAUST DepartmentComputational Transport Phenomena Laboratory, Physical Science and Engineering Division, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal 23955-6900, Jeddha, Saudi Arabia
Earth Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/678286
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis communication focuses on assessing the effectiveness of nanoparticles, and a power-law variation fluid on a moving stretching surface is analyzed. Newtonian fluids for different nanomaterials are considered due to its industrial demand. The partial differential equations describing the flow are transformed to ordinary differential equations by employing local similarity transformations and then solved numerically by an effective numerical approach, namely, the local nonsimilarity method (LNS). The numerical solution is computed for different parameters by using the computational software MATLAB. Different types of nanoparticles are considered, and the impact of those nanoparticles as well as the impact of different pertaining parameters on velocity, temperature, missing velocity slope, and missing temperature slope are presented graphically. Comparisons are made with the available results in the open literature. Our investigation conveys a better impact on [Formula: see text] nanoparticles due to their higher thermal conductivity. Furthermore, an increase in the free stream velocity, missing temperature slope and velocity slope is enhanced, but after a point of separation, the missing temperature slope decays.
CitationFerdows, M., Shamshuddin, MD., Salawu, S. O., & Sun, S. (2022). Thermal cooling performance of convective non-Newtonian nanofluid flowing with variant power-index across moving extending surface. Scientific Reports, 12(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-12333-y
PublisherSpringer Science and Business Media LLC
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Scientific reports under a Creative Commons license, details at: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
- Numerical study of nano-biofilm stagnation flow from a nonlinear stretching/shrinking surface with variable nanofluid and bioconvection transport properties.
- Authors: Alsenafi A, Bég OA, Ferdows M, Bég TA, Kadir A
- Issue date: 2021 May 10
- MHD Natural Convection Flow of Casson Nanofluid over Nonlinearly Stretching Sheet Through Porous Medium with Chemical Reaction and Thermal Radiation.
- Authors: Ullah I, Khan I, Shafie S
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Stagnation point flow of radiative Oldroyd-B nanofluid over a rotating disk.
- Authors: Hafeez A, Khan M, Ahmed J
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- MHD free convective boundary layer flow of a nanofluid past a flat vertical plate with Newtonian heating boundary condition.
- Authors: Uddin MJ, Khan WA, Ismail AI
- Issue date: 2012
- A numerical treatment of MHD radiative flow of Micropolar nanofluid with homogeneous-heterogeneous reactions past a nonlinear stretched surface.
- Authors: Lu D, Ramzan M, Ahmad S, Chung JD, Farooq U
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 20