Abnormal Hot Carrier Decay via Spin-Phonon Coupling in Intercalated van der Waals Ferromagnetic Fe 1/3 TaS 2
KAUST DepartmentMaterial Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Embargo End Date2023-05-13
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/677916
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSpin–phonon coupling is a fundamental interaction in ferromagnets/antiferromagnets and plays a key role in hot carrier decay. Normally, spin transfers its excess energy to a lattice via spin–phonon coupling in hot carrier decay in ferromagnets/antiferromagnets. However, the reverse energy transfer process (i.e., from lattice to spin) is feasible in principle but rarely reported. Here, we observe an abnormal hot carrier decay with a slow fall (80 ps) in ΔR(t)/R0 time series in ferromagnet Fe1/3TaS2, which is a result of the lattice of TaS2 vdW layer transfering its energy to spin via spin–phonon coupling. The Fe ions inserted between TaS2 vdW layers with very weak bonding with TaS2 vdW layer, are the origin of the ferromagnetism and give rise to its weak electron–spin and spin–phonon couplings which in turn lead to the observed abnormal hot carrier decay in the ferromagnetic phase Fe1/3TaS2.
CitationLi, N., Zhang, C., Liang, W., Zhang, X., & Luo, S.-N. (2022). Abnormal Hot Carrier Decay via Spin–Phonon Coupling in Intercalated van der Waals Ferromagnetic Fe1/3TaS2. Nano Letters. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.1c04064
SponsorsThis work was sponsored by Southwest Jiaotong University.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Anomalous Hot Carrier Decay in Ferromagnetic Cr(2)Ge(2)Te(6) via Spin-Phonon Coupling.
- Authors: Guo J, Liang W, Luo SN
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 5
- High-Spin Orbital Interactions Across van der Waals Gaps Controlling the Interlayer Ferromagnetism in van der Waals Ferromagnets.
- Authors: Koo HJ, Kremer RK, Whangbo MH
- Issue date: 2022 Sep 14
- Electron-Phonon and Spin-Lattice Coupling in Atomically Thin Layers of MnBi(2)Te(4).
- Authors: Choe J, Lujan D, Rodriguez-Vega M, Ye Z, Leonardo A, Quan J, Nunley TN, Chang LJ, Lee SF, Yan J, Fiete GA, He R, Li X
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 28
- Two-Dimensional van der Waals Nanoplatelets with Robust Ferromagnetism.
- Authors: De Siena MC, Creutz SE, Regan A, Malinowski P, Jiang Q, Kluherz KT, Zhu G, Lin Z, De Yoreo JJ, Xu X, Chu JH, Gamelin DR
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 11
- Dipole-exchange spin waves in two-dimensional van der Waals ferromagnetic films and stripes.
- Authors: Hussain B, Cottam MG
- Issue date: 2022 Sep 2