KAUST DepartmentPhysical Science and Engineering Division King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Thuwal 23955-6900 Saudi Arabia
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Material Science and Engineering Program
Material Science and Engineering
Embargo End Date2023-05-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/677915
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWith the advent of the Internet of Things and big data, massive data must be rapidly processed and stored within a short timeframe. This imposes stringent requirements on the memory hardware implementation in terms of operation speed, energy consumption, and integration density. To fulfil these demands, two-dimensional (2D) materials, which are excellent electronic building blocks, provide numerous possibilities for developing advanced memory device arrays with high performance, smart computing architectures, and desirable downscaling. Over the past few years, 2D material-based memory device arrays with different working mechanisms including defects, filaments, charges, ferroelectricity, and spins, have been increasingly developed. These arrays can be used to implement brain-inspired computing or sensing with extraordinary performance, architectures, and functionalities. In this review, we survey recent research into integrated, state-of-the-art memory devices made from 2D materials, as well as their implications for brain-inspired computing. We discuss the existing challenges at the array level, and present the scope for future research.
CitationXue, F., Zhang, C., Ma, Y., Wen, Y., He, X., Yu, B., & Zhang, X. (2022). Integrated memory devices based on two-dimensional materials. Advanced Materials, 2201880. Portico. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.202201880
SponsorsSupported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology(KAUST) Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) under award numbers: ORS-2019-CRG8-4081 and ORS-2018-CRG7-3717 and the ZJU-Hangzhou Global Scientific and Technological Innovation Centre.
- Circuit-Level Memory Technologies and Applications based on 2D Materials.
- Authors: Ma J, Liu H, Yang N, Zou J, Lin S, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Guo J, Wang H
- Issue date: 2022 May 23
- Ferroelectrics-Integrated Two-Dimensional Devices toward Next-Generation Electronics.
- Authors: Jin T, Mao J, Gao J, Han C, Loh KP, Wee ATS, Chen W
- Issue date: 2022 Sep 27
- Emerging 2D Memory Devices for In-Memory Computing.
- Authors: Yin L, Cheng R, Wen Y, Liu C, He J
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Memristive Devices Based on Two-Dimensional Transition Metal Chalcogenides for Neuromorphic Computing.
- Authors: Kwon KC, Baek JH, Hong K, Kim SY, Jang HW
- Issue date: 2022 Feb 5