Comment on “Electrical Switch of Poisson’s Ratio in IV–VI Monolayers via Pseudophase Transitions”
KAUST DepartmentApplied Physics Program, Physical Science and Engineering Division, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal 23955-6900, Saudi Arabia
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Material Science and Engineering Program
Embargo End Date2023-04-28
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/676707
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSignificant modulation of Poisson's ratio of IV-VI semiconductor monolayers in an electric field was claimed to be discovered by first-principles calculations in The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2021, 12, 3217-3223. We show that these results are not correct because of improper modeling of the electric field.
CitationJangir, A., Ho, D. T., & Schwingenschlögl, U. (2022). Comment on “Electrical Switch of Poisson’s Ratio in IV–VI Monolayers via Pseudophase Transitions.” The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 13(16), 3609–3610. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpclett.2c00627
SponsorsSupported by funding from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Electrical Switch of Poisson's Ratio in IV-VI Monolayers via Pseudophase Transitions.
- Authors: Rong X, Chen X, Chen W, Xu Y, Huang P, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 1
- Prediction of 2D IV-VI semiconductors: auxetic materials with direct bandgap and strong optical absorption.
- Authors: Ren K, Ma X, Liu X, Xu Y, Huo W, Li W, Zhang G
- Issue date: 2022 Jun 16
- Electric field modulation in the auxetic effect of BP-analog monolayer As and Sb by first-principles calculations.
- Authors: Rong X, Li Y, Han S, Cao P, Zeng Y, Xu W, Fang M, Liu W, Zhu D, Lu Y
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 29
- Sign-tunable Poisson's ratio in semi-fluorinated graphene.
- Authors: Qin R, Zheng J, Zhu W
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 7
- A new family of two-dimensional ferroelastic semiconductors with negative Poisson's ratios.
- Authors: Yuan JH, Mao GQ, Xue KH, Wang J, Miao XS
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 14