Ultrahigh Density of Atomic CoFe-Electron Synergy in Noncontinuous Carbon Matrix for Highly Efficient Magnetic Wave Adsorption
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/676294
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImproving the atom utilization of metals and clarifying the M–M’ interaction is both greatly significant in assembling high-performance ultra-light electromagnetic wave-absorbing materials. Herein, a high-temperature explosion strategy has been successfully applied to assemble the hierarchical porous carbon sponge with Co–Fe decoration via the pyrolysis of the energetic metal organic framework. The as-constructed hybrid displays a superior reflection loss (RL) value of − 57.7 dB and a specific RL value of − 192 dB mg−1 mm−1 at 12.08 GHz with a layer thickness of 2.0 mm (loading of 15 wt%). The off-axis electron hologram characterizes the highly distributed numerous polarized nanodomain variable capacitors, demonstrating the dipole and interfacial polarization along the edges of the nanopores. More importantly, the X-ray absorption spectroscopy analysis verifies the mutual interaction between the metal cluster and carbon matrix and the electronic coupling responsible for the greatly improved electromagnetic wave absorption.
CitationHuang, W., Qiu, Q., Yang, X., Zuo, S., Bai, J., Zhang, H., Pei, K., & Che, R. (2022). Ultrahigh Density of Atomic CoFe-Electron Synergy in Noncontinuous Carbon Matrix for Highly Efficient Magnetic Wave Adsorption. Nano-Micro Letters, 14(1). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40820-022-00830-8
SponsorsFinancially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (22001156), the Youth Talent Fund of University Association for Science and Technology in Shaanxi, China (20210602), King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Open access funding provided by Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
PublisherSpringer Science and Business Media LLC
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Nano-micro letters under a Creative Commons license, details at: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
- High-Density Nanopore Confined Vortical Dipoles and Magnetic Domains on Hierarchical Macro/Meso/Micro/Nano Porous Ultra-Light Graphited Carbon for Adsorbing Electromagnetic Wave.
- Authors: Huang W, Zhang X, Chen J, Qiu Q, Kang Y, Pei K, Zuo S, Zhang J, Che R
- Issue date: 2023 Aug 1
- Porous magnetic carbon CoFe alloys@ZnO@C composites based on Zn/Co-based bimetallic MOF with efficient electromagnetic wave absorption.
- Authors: Kong M, Liu X, Jia Z, Wang B, Wu X, Wu G
- Issue date: 2021 Dec 15
- Controlling the heterogeneous interfaces of S, Co co-doped porous carbon nanosheets for enhancing the electromagnetic wave absorption.
- Authors: Wen B, Yang H, Lin Y, Ma L, Qiu Y, Hu F
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 15
- High-Efficiency Electromagnetic Wave Absorption of Cobalt-Decorated NH(2)-UIO-66-Derived Porous ZrO(2)/C.
- Authors: Zhang X, Qiao J, Zhao J, Xu D, Wang F, Liu C, Jiang Y, Wu L, Cui P, Lv L, Wang Q, Liu W, Wang Z, Liu J
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 2
- Metal-Organic Framework Derived Hierarchical Co/C@V(2) O(3) Hollow Spheres as a Thin, Lightweight, and High-Efficiency Electromagnetic Wave Absorber.
- Authors: Zhou C, Wu C, Liu D, Yan M
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 11