Directing Group Guided Site-Selective Diversification of Indoles by Aziridine: Synthesis of β-Indolylethylamines
Dutta, Himangsu Sekhar
Gangwar, Manoj Kumar
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Embargo End Date2023-04-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/676278
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA palladium catalyzed directing group assisted cross-coupling of aliphatic aziridines with indole, indoline, tetrahydroquinoline, and aniline has been developed to furnish the corresponding β-arylethylamine derivatives. The substrate scope was very general, and the protocol was also tolerated in the presence of various external additives. Control experiments suggested that the C-H cleavage step is the rate-determining step.
CitationAhmad, A., Dutta, H. S., Kumar, M., Raziullah, Gangwar, M. K., & Koley, D. (2022). Directing Group Guided Site-Selective Diversification of Indoles by Aziridine: Synthesis of β-Indolylethylamines. Organic Letters. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.orglett.2c00120
SponsorsFinancial support from DST-SERB (EMR/2016/000613), CSIR, and UGC-New Delhi (A.A., H.S.D., M.K., and R.) is gratefully acknowledged. We thank the CDRI SAIF division for analytical support. CDRI communication no 10389
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Palladium-Catalyzed, Enantioselective Desymmetrization of <i>N</i>-Acylaziridines with Indoles.
- Authors: Van Hecke K, Benton TR, Casper M, Mauldin D, Drake B, Morgan JB
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 15
- Synthesis of β-substituted tryptamines by regioselective ring opening of aziridines.
- Authors: Kidd J, Maiden K, Morgan JB
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 30
- Improved protocol for indoline synthesis via palladium-catalyzed intramolecular C(sp2)-H amination.
- Authors: He G, Lu C, Zhao Y, Nack WA, Chen G
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 15
- Enantiospecific Synthesis of β-Substituted Tryptamines.
- Authors: Rubin HN, Van Hecke K, Mills JJ, Cockrell J, Morgan JB
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 15
- Palladium-Catalyzed Regioselective and Stereospecific Ring-Opening Cross-Coupling of Aziridines: Experimental and Computational Studies.
- Authors: Takeda Y, Sameera WMC, Minakata S
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 18