Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/674992
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThermally-activated delayed fluorescence (TADF) is a concept which helps to harvest triplet excitations, boosting the efficiency of an organic light-emitting diode. TADF can be observed in molecules with spatially separated donor and acceptor groups with a reduced triplet-singlet energy level splitting. TADF materials with balanced electron and hole transport are attractive for realizing efficient single-layer organic light emitting diodes, greatly simplifying their manufacturing and improving their stability. Our goal here is to computationally screen such materials and provide a comprehensive database of compounds with a range of emission wavelengths, ionization energies, and electron affinities.
CitationLin, K.-H., Wetzelaer, G.-J. A. H., Blom, P. W. M., & Andrienko, D. (2021). Virtual Screening of TADF Emitters for Single-Layer OLEDs. Frontiers in Chemistry, 9. doi:10.3389/fchem.2021.800027
SponsorsThis publication is based on work supported by the KAUST Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) under award nos. OSR-2018-CARF/CCF-3079 and OSR-CRG2018-3746.
DA acknowledges the KAUST PSE Division for hosting his sabbatical in the framework of the Division’s Visiting Faculty program. DA acknowledges funding by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) for financial support through the collaborative research centers TRR 146, SPP 2196, and grant number 460766640. K-HL acknowledges the financial support from the Swiss NSF Early Postdoc Mobility fellowship (Grant no. P2ELP2_195156). The authors thank Wenlan Liu, Mukunda Mandal, Christoph Scherer, Leanne Paterson and Naoimi Kinaret for fruitful discussions and proof-reading of the manuscript.
PublisherFrontiers Media SA
JournalFrontiers in Chemistry
PubMed Central IDPMC8716429
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence (TADF) Path toward Efficient Electroluminescence in Purely Organic Materials: Molecular Level Insight.
- Authors: Chen XK, Kim D, Brédas JL
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 18
- Molecular Design Tactics for Highly Efficient Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Emitters for Organic Light Emitting Diodes.
- Authors: Konidena RK, Lee JY
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Recent advances on organic blue thermally activated delayed fluorescence (TADF) emitters for organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs).
- Authors: Bui TT, Goubard F, Ibrahim-Ouali M, Gigmes D, Dumur F
- Issue date: 2018
- Pyrazine-Based Blue Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Materials: Combine Small Singlet-Triplet Splitting With Large Fluorescence Rate.
- Authors: Liu J, Zhou K, Wang D, Deng C, Duan K, Ai Q, Zhang Q
- Issue date: 2019
- Photophysics of thermally activated delayed fluorescence molecules.
- Authors: Dias FB, Penfold TJ, Monkman AP
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 9