Straightforward synthesis of [Cu(NHC)(alkynyl)] and [Cu(NHC)(thiolato)] complexes (NHC = N-heterocyclic carbene).
AuthorsIbni Hashim, Ishfaq
Tzouras, Nikolaos V
Van Hecke, Kristof
Nolan, Steven P.
Cazin, Catherine S. J.
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Embargo End Date2022-12-09
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/674907
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSynthetic access to monomeric copper-alkynyl and copper-thiolato complexes of the type [(NHC)Cu(R)] (R = alkynyl or thiolato) using a weak base approach is reported. All reported reactions proceed under mild conditions in air and in environmentally acceptable solvents. The novel complexes are fully characterized and single crystal X-ray analyses unambiguously establish the atom connectivity in these mononuclear complexes. The importance of the supporting NHC ligand's steric properties in stabilizing mononuclear complexes is discussed.
CitationIbni Hashim, I., Scattolin, T., Tzouras, N. V., Bourda, L., Van Hecke, K., Ritacco, I., … Cazin, C. S. J. (2022). Straightforward synthesis of [Cu(NHC)(alkynyl)] and [Cu(NHC)(thiolato)] complexes (NHC = N-heterocyclic carbene). Dalton Transactions. doi:10.1039/d1dt03710b
SponsorsWe gratefully acknowledge the VLAIO (SBO project COPERATE) and the Special Research Fund (BOF) of Ghent University. Funding of the iBOF project C3 (BOF20/IBF/010) is also gratefully acknowledged. The Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO) is also gratefully acknowledged for a Fundamental Research PhD fellowship to NVT (11I6921N).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- C-X (X = N, O) Cross-Coupling Reactions Catalyzed by Copper-Pincer Bis(N-Heterocyclic Carbene) Complexes.
- Authors: Minnick JL, Domyati D, Ammons R, Tahsini L
- Issue date: 2019
- Synthesis, Structures, and Photophysical Properties of Novel Four-Coordinate Cu(I) Complexes Supported by Chelating N-Heterocyclic Carbene Ligands.
- Authors: Wang Z, Sun X, Xu C, Ji B
- Issue date: 2019
- A general synthetic route to [Cu(X)(NHC)] (NHC = N-heterocyclic carbene, X = Cl, Br, I) complexes.
- Authors: Santoro O, Collado A, Slawin AM, Nolan SP, Cazin CS
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 18
- N-Heterocyclic Carbene Coinage Metal Complexes of the Germanium-Rich Metalloid Clusters [Ge₉R₃]<sup>-</sup> and [Ge₉R<sup>I</sup>₂]²<sup>-</sup> with R = Si(<sup>i</sup>Pr)₃ and R<sup>I</sup> = Si(TMS)₃.
- Authors: Geitner FS, Giebel MA, Pöthig A, Fässler TF
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 19
- The development and catalytic uses of N-heterocyclic carbene gold complexes.
- Authors: Nolan SP
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 15