Efficient and Spectrally Stable Blue Perovskite Light-Emitting Diodes Employing a Cationic π-Conjugated Polymer
Stranks, Samuel D.
Greenham, Neil C.
Friend, Richard H.
KAUST DepartmentMaterial Science and Engineering
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Material Science and Engineering Program
Online Publication Date2021-09-24
Print Publication Date2021-11
Embargo End Date2022-09-24
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/671931
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMetal halide perovskite semiconductors have demonstrated remarkable potentials in solution-processed blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs). However, the unsatisfied efficiency and spectral stability responsible for trap-mediated non-radiative losses and halide phase segregation remain the primary unsolved challenges for blue perovskite LEDs. In this study, it is reported that a fluorene-based π-conjugated cationic polymer can be blended with the perovskite semiconductor to control film formation and optoelectronic properties. As a result, sky-blue and true-blue perovskite LEDs with Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage coordinates of (0.08, 0.22) and (0.12, 0.13) at the record external quantum efficiencies of 11.2% and 8.0% were achieved. In addition, the mixed halide perovskites with the conjugated cationic polymer exhibit excellent spectral stability under external bias. This result illustrates that π-conjugated cationic polymers have a great potential to realize efficient blue mixed-halide perovskite LEDs with stable electroluminescence.
CitationYuan, S., Cui, L., Dai, L., Liu, Y., Liu, Q., Sun, Y., … Friend, R. H. (2021). Efficient and Spectrally Stable Blue Perovskite Light-Emitting Diodes Employing a Cationic π-Conjugated Polymer. Advanced Materials, 2103640. doi:10.1002/adma.202103640
SponsorsThis work was supported by the 100 Talent Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences (grant no. KY2060000185) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (grant no. 52103242). S.Y., Q.-W.L., Y.-J.Y., Y.-K.Q., Z.-K.W., and L.-S.L. acknowledge financial support from the Natural Science Foundation of China (nos. 91733301, 61674109, 11675252, 11605278) and the National Key R&D Program of China (no. 2016YFA0202400). L.-S.C. and R.H.F. acknowledge the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) for funding (EP/M01083X/1, EP/M005143/1). Y.L. and R.H.F. acknowledge support from the Simons Foundation (grant 601946). The authors are grateful for computational support from the UK national high performance computing service, ARCHER, for which access was obtained via the UKCP consortium and funded by EPSRC grant ref. EP/P022561/1. L.-J.D. thanks the Cambridge Trust and China Scholarship Council (CSC) for financial support. M.A. acknowledges funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement no. 841386. F.A. acknowledges funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement no. 670405). S.D.S. and E.R. acknowledge funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement no. 756962 [HYPERION]). This project was also funded by the Collaborative Innovation Center of Suzhou Nano Science and Technology, and by the Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD), and by the “111” Project of The State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs of China.
- Halide Homogenization for High-Performance Blue Perovskite Electroluminescence.
- Authors: Cheng L, Yi C, Tong Y, Zhu L, Kusch G, Wang X, Wang X, Jiang T, Zhang H, Zhang J, Xue C, Chen H, Xu W, Liu D, Oliver RA, Friend RH, Zhang L, Wang N, Huang W, Wang J
- Issue date: 2020
- Single-emissive-layer all-perovskite white light-emitting diodes employing segregated mixed halide perovskite crystals.
- Authors: Yu H, Wang H, Pozina G, Yin C, Liu XK, Gao F
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 25
- Rearranging Low-Dimensional Phase Distribution of Quasi-2D Perovskites for Efficient Sky-Blue Perovskite Light-Emitting Diodes.
- Authors: Pang P, Jin G, Liang C, Wang B, Xiang W, Zhang D, Xu J, Hong W, Xiao Z, Wang L, Xing G, Chen J, Ma D
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 22
- Highly Efficient Spectrally Stable Red Perovskite Light-Emitting Diodes.
- Authors: Tian Y, Zhou C, Worku M, Wang X, Ling Y, Gao H, Zhou Y, Miao Y, Guan J, Ma B
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Chelating-agent-assisted control of CsPbBr<sub>3</sub> quantum well growth enables stable blue perovskite emitters.
- Authors: Wang YK, Ma D, Yuan F, Singh K, Pina JM, Johnston A, Dong Y, Zhou C, Chen B, Sun B, Ebe H, Fan J, Sun MJ, Gao Y, Lu ZH, Voznyy O, Liao LS, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 22