Unactivated Alkyl Chloride Reactivity in Excited-State Palladium Catalysis
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC), King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, 23955-6900, Saudi Arabia
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Grant NumberURF/1/4025
Embargo End Date2022-08-25
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/670850
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExcited-state palladium catalysis is an efficient process for the alkylation of diverse organic compounds via the generation of alkyl radicals from alkyl bromides and iodides. However, the generation of alkyl radicals from more stable alkyl chlorides remains challenging. Herein, we demonstrate the excited-state palladium-catalyzed synthesis of oxindoles and isoquinolinediones via alkylation/annulation reaction by overcoming inherent limitations associated with unactivated C(sp<sup>3</sup>)-Cl bond activation at room temperature.
CitationMuralirajan, K., Kancherla, R., Gimnkhan, A., & Rueping, M. (2021). Unactivated Alkyl Chloride Reactivity in Excited-State Palladium Catalysis. Organic Letters. doi:10.1021/acs.orglett.1c02467
SponsorsWe acknowledge King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for support. This work was financially supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia, Office of Sponsored Research (URF/1/4025).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Transition-Metal (Pd, Ni, Mn)-Catalyzed C-C Bond Constructions Involving Unactivated Alkyl Halides and Fundamental Synthetic Building Blocks.
- Authors: Kwiatkowski MR, Alexanian EJ
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 16
- Palladium-Catalyzed Carbocyclizations of Unactivated Alkyl Bromides with Alkenes Involving Auto-tandem Catalysis.
- Authors: Venning ARO, Kwiatkowski MR, Roque Peña JE, Lainhart BC, Guruparan AA, Alexanian EJ
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 23
- Palladium-catalyzed, ring-forming aromatic C-H alkylations with unactivated alkyl halides.
- Authors: Venning AR, Bohan PT, Alexanian EJ
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 25
- Palladium-Catalyzed Alkoxycarbonylation of Unactivated Secondary Alkyl Bromides at Low Pressure.
- Authors: Sargent BT, Alexanian EJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 22
- Palladium-catalyzed Heck-type cross-couplings of unactivated alkyl iodides.
- Authors: McMahon CM, Alexanian EJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 2