Proteome-Wide Chromatin Interactomics to Study Plant Epigenetics.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Environmental Epigenetics Program, Division of Biological Environmental Sciences and Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, 23955-6900, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Embargo End Date2022-05-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/669488
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOver 1000 proteins interact with and regulate plant chromatin, but the functions of most of these proteins are unclear. Advances in quantitative mass spectrometry (MS), interactomic mapping, and machine learning applications for data analysis have enabled proteome-wide investigations of chromatin regulation and in vivo studies of chromatin-bound protein functions and complex formation. Characterizing the protein-centric chromatin interactome would provide clues to how chromatin regulates epigenome landscapes and transcriptional programs related to diverse environmental and developmental cues.
CitationChen, Y., & Liu, P. (2021). Proteome-Wide Chromatin Interactomics to Study Plant Epigenetics. Trends in Plant Science. doi:10.1016/j.tplants.2021.04.002
SponsorsThe work was supported by grants from National Natural Science Foundation of China (31470345 to Y.C.). The authors have no interests to declare.
JournalTrends in plant science
- Locus-Specific Chromatin Proteome Revealed by Mass Spectrometry-Based CasID.
- Authors: Ugur E, Bartoschek MD, Leonhardt H
- Issue date: 2020
- The proteomics and interactomics of human erythrocytes.
- Authors: Goodman SR, Daescu O, Kakhniashvili DG, Zivanic M
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Development of in Planta Chemical Cross-Linking-Based Quantitative Interactomics in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Liu S, Yu F, Hu Q, Wang T, Yu L, Du S, Yu W, Li N
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 7
- Molecular epigenetics, chromatin, and NeuroAIDS/HIV: immunopathological implications.
- Authors: Chiappelli F, Shapshak P, Commins D, Singer E, Minagar A, Oluwadara O, Prolo P, Pellionisz AJ
- Issue date: 2008
- Epigenetics: Beyond Chromatin Modifications and Complex Genetic Regulation.
- Authors: Eichten SR, Schmitz RJ, Springer NM
- Issue date: 2014 Jul