Proteome-Wide Chromatin Interactomics to Study Plant Epigenetics.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Environmental Epigenetics Program, Division of Biological Environmental Sciences and Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, 23955-6900, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Embargo End Date2022-05-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/669488
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOver 1000 proteins interact with and regulate plant chromatin, but the functions of most of these proteins are unclear. Advances in quantitative mass spectrometry (MS), interactomic mapping, and machine learning applications for data analysis have enabled proteome-wide investigations of chromatin regulation and in vivo studies of chromatin-bound protein functions and complex formation. Characterizing the protein-centric chromatin interactome would provide clues to how chromatin regulates epigenome landscapes and transcriptional programs related to diverse environmental and developmental cues.
CitationChen, Y., & Liu, P. (2021). Proteome-Wide Chromatin Interactomics to Study Plant Epigenetics. Trends in Plant Science. doi:10.1016/j.tplants.2021.04.002
SponsorsThe work was supported by grants from National Natural Science Foundation of China (31470345 to Y.C.). The authors have no interests to declare.
JournalTrends in plant science
- Plant proteomics update (2007-2008): Second-generation proteomic techniques, an appropriate experimental design, and data analysis to fulfill MIAPE standards, increase plant proteome coverage and expand biological knowledge.
- Authors: Jorrín-Novo JV, Maldonado AM, Echevarría-Zomeño S, Valledor L, Castillejo MA, Curto M, Valero J, Sghaier B, Donoso G, Redondo I
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 13
- Chromatin, Epigenetics and Plant Physiology.
- Authors: Fojtová M, Fajkus J
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 16
- Locus-Specific Chromatin Proteome Revealed by Mass Spectrometry-Based CasID.
- Authors: Ugur E, Bartoschek MD, Leonhardt H
- Issue date: 2020
- [Advances in plant proteomics. II. Application of proteome techniques to plant biology research].
- Authors: Ruan SL, Ma HS, Wang SH, Xin Y, Qian LH, Tong JX, Zhao HP, Wang J
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- The proteomics and interactomics of human erythrocytes.
- Authors: Goodman SR, Daescu O, Kakhniashvili DG, Zivanic M
- Issue date: 2013 May