Synthesis of Boron-imidazolate Framework nanosheet with Dimer Cu units for CO2 Electroreduction to Ethylene.
Embargo End Date2022-05-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/669466
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFundamental understanding of the dependence between the structure and composition on the electrochemical CO 2 reduction reaction (CO 2 RR) would guide the rational design of highly efficient and selective electrocatalysts. A major impediment to the deep reduction CO 2 to multi-carbon products is the complexity of carbon-carbon bond coupling. The chemically well-defined catalysts with atomically dispersed dual-metal sites are required for these C-C coupling involved processes. Here, we developed a catalyst (BIF-102NSs) that features Cl - bridged dimer copper (Cu 2 ) units, which delivers high catalytic activity and selectivity for C 2 H 4 . Mechanistic investigation verifies that neighboring Cu monomers not only perform as regulator for varying the reaction barrier, but also afford distinct reaction paths compared with isolated monomers, resulting in greatly improved electroreduction performance for CO 2 .
CitationShao, P., Zhou, W., Hong, Q.-L., Yi, L., Zheng, L., Wang, W., … Zhang, J. (2021). Synthesis of Boron-imidazolate Framework nanosheet with Dimer Cu units for CO2 Electroreduction to Ethylene. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. doi:10.1002/anie.202106004
SponsorsThis work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (21935010, 21773242), National Key Research and Development Program of China (2018YFA0208600), and the Strategic Priority Research Program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (XDB20000000).
- Promoting Ethylene Selectivity from CO<sub>2</sub> Electroreduction on CuO Supported onto CO<sub>2</sub> Capture Materials.
- Authors: Yang HJ, Yang H, Hong YH, Zhang PY, Wang T, Chen LN, Zhang FY, Wu QH, Tian N, Zhou ZY, Sun SG
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 9
- Designing Copper-Based Catalysts for Efficient Carbon Dioxide Electroreduction.
- Authors: Wang Y, Liu J, Zheng G
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 29
- Regulation of Coordination Number over Single Co Sites: Triggering the Efficient Electroreduction of CO<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Wang X, Chen Z, Zhao X, Yao T, Chen W, You R, Zhao C, Wu G, Wang J, Huang W, Yang J, Hong X, Wei S, Wu Y, Li Y
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 12
- Zinc Imidazolate Metal-Organic Frameworks (ZIF-8) for Electrochemical Reduction of CO<sub>2</sub> to CO.
- Authors: Wang Y, Hou P, Wang Z, Kang P
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 17
- CO<sub>2</sub> Reduction: From Homogeneous to Heterogeneous Electrocatalysis.
- Authors: Zhang S, Fan Q, Xia R, Meyer TJ
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 21