KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Engineering Program
Embargo End Date2022-05-14
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/669432
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe amalgamation of different disciplines is at the heart of reticular chemistry and has broadened the boundaries of chemistry by opening up an infinite space of chemical composition, structure, and material properties. Reticular design has enabled the precise prediction of crystalline framework structures, tunability of chemical composition, incorporation of various functionalities onto the framework backbone, and as a consequence, fine-tuning of metal-organic framework (MOF) and covalent organic framework (COF) properties beyond that of any other material class. Leveraging the unique properties of reticular materials has resulted in significant advances from both a fundamental and an applied perspective. Here, we wish to review the milestones in MOF and COF research and give a critical view on progress in their real-world applications. Finally, we briefly discuss the major challenges in the field that need to be addressed to pave the way for industrial applications.
CitationFreund, R., Zaremba, O., Arnauts, G., Ameloot, R., Skorupskii, G., Dincă, M., … Wuttke, S. (2021). The Current Status of MOF and COF Applications. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. doi:10.1002/anie.202106259
SponsorsG.A. thanks the Research Foundation-Flanders (FWO) for the fellowship 1SA7320N and acknowledges Víctor Rubio-Giménez for the discussion on the conductivity of 2D MOFs.
- Recent advances in process engineering and upcoming applications of metal-organic frameworks.
- Authors: Ryu U, Jee S, Rao PC, Shin J, Ko C, Yoon M, Park KS, Choi KM
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 1
- Hybridization of MOFs and COFs: A New Strategy for Construction of MOF@COF Core-Shell Hybrid Materials.
- Authors: Peng Y, Zhao M, Chen B, Zhang Z, Huang Y, Dai F, Lai Z, Cui X, Tan C, Zhang H
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Chemistry of Covalent Organic Frameworks.
- Authors: Waller PJ, Gándara F, Yaghi OM
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 15
- MOF-in-COF molecular sieving membrane for selective hydrogen separation.
- Authors: Fan H, Peng M, Strauss I, Mundstock A, Meng H, Caro J
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 4
- Modular Total Synthesis in Reticular Chemistry.
- Authors: Feng L, Wang KY, Lv XL, Yan TH, Li JR, Zhou HC
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 12