Can a recipe for the growth of single-layer graphene on copper be used in different chemical vapor deposition reactors?
AuthorsHakami, Marim A.
Deokar, Geetanjali Baliram
Da Costa, Pedro M. F. J.
KAUST DepartmentKing Abdullah University of Science and Technology Materials Science and Engineering KAUST 23955-6900 Thuwal SAUDI ARABIA
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Materials Science and Engineering SAUDI ARABIA
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Embargo End Date2022-04-13
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/668788
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn the last decade, catalytic chemical vapor deposition (CVD) has been intensively explored for the growth of single-layer graphene (SLG). Despite the scattering of guidelines and procedures, variables such as the surface texture/chemistry of catalyst metal foils, carbon feedstock, and growth process parameters have been well-scrutinized. Still, questions remain on how best to standardize the growth procedure. The possible correlation of recipes between different CVD setups is an example. Here, two thermal CVD reactors were explored to grow graphene on Cu foil. The design of these setups was entirely distinct, one being a "showerhead" cold-wall type, whereas the other represented the popular "tubular" hot-wall type. Upon standardizing the Cu foil surface, it was possible to develop a recipe for cm 2 -scale SLG growth that differed only on the carrier gas flow rate used in the two reactors.
CitationHakami, M., Deokar, G., Smajic, J., Batra, N., & Costa, P. M. F. J. (2021). Can a recipe for the growth of single-layer graphene on copper be used in different chemical vapor deposition reactors? Chemistry – An Asian Journal. doi:10.1002/asia.202100199
JournalChemistry, an Asian journal
- Copper-vapor-assisted chemical vapor deposition for high-quality and metal-free single-layer graphene on amorphous SiO2 substrate.
- Authors: Kim H, Song I, Park C, Son M, Hong M, Kim Y, Kim JS, Shin HJ, Baik J, Choi HC
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 27
- Growth of Single-Layer and Multilayer Graphene on Cu/Ni Alloy Substrates.
- Authors: Huang M, Ruoff RS
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 21
- Few-layer graphene direct deposition on Ni and Cu foil by cold-wall chemical vapor deposition.
- Authors: Chang QH, Guo GL, Wang T, Ji LC, Huang L, Ling B, Yang HF
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Restoring self-limited growth of single-layer graphene on copper foil via backside coating.
- Authors: Reckinger N, Casa M, Scheerder JE, Keijers W, Paillet M, Huntzinger JR, Haye E, Felten A, Van de Vondel J, Sarno M, Henrard L, Colomer JF
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 14
- Designed CVD growth of graphene via process engineering.
- Authors: Yan K, Fu L, Peng H, Liu Z
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 15