Air Stable Iridium Catalysts for Direct Reductive Amination of Ketones.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Chemical Science Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Embargo End Date2022-01-28
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/667114
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHalf-sandwich iridium complexes bearing bidentate urea-phosphorus ligands were found to catalyze the direct reductive amination of aromatic and aliphatic ketones under mild conditions at 0.5 mol.% loading with high selectivity towards primary amines. One of the complexes was found to be active in both the Leuckart-Wallach (NH4CO2H) type reaction as well as in the hydrogenative (H2/NH4AcO) reductive amination. The protocol with ammonium formate does not require an inert atmosphere, dry solvents, as well as additives and in contrast to previous reports takes place in HFIP instead of methanol. Applying NH4CO2D or D2 resulted in a high degree of deuterium incorporation into the primary amine α-position.
CitationPolishchuk, I., Sklyaruk, J., Lebedev, Y., & Rueping, M. (2021). Air Stable Iridium Catalysts for Direct Reductive Amination of Ketones. Chemistry – A European Journal. doi:10.1002/chem.202005508
- Primary amines by transfer hydrogenative reductive amination of ketones by using cyclometalated Ir(III) catalysts.
- Authors: Talwar D, Poyatos Salguero N, Robertson CM, Xiao J
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 3
- Scope and Limitations of Reductive Amination Catalyzed by Half-Sandwich Iridium Complexes Under Mild Reaction Conditions.
- Authors: Nguyen DP, Sladek RN, Do LH
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 6
- Fast reductive amination by transfer hydrogenation "on water".
- Authors: Lei Q, Wei Y, Talwar D, Wang C, Xue D, Xiao J
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 18
- Direct catalytic asymmetric reductive amination of simple aromatic ketones.
- Authors: Chang M, Liu S, Huang K, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 6
- Bifunctional catalysis: direct reductive amination of aliphatic ketones with an iridium-phosphate catalyst.
- Authors: Villa-Marcos B, Li C, Mulholland KR, Hogan PJ, Xiao J
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 8