KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Online Publication Date2020-11-20
Print Publication Date2020-11-20
Embargo End Date2021-11-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/666076
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChIP-Seq is a widespread experimental method for determining the global enrichment of chromatin modifications and genome-associated factors. Whereas it is straightforward to compare the relative genomic distribution of these epigenetic features, researchers have also made efforts to compare their signal strength using external references for normalization. New work now suggests that these "spike-ins" could lead to inaccurate conclusions due to intrinsic issues of the methodology and instead calls for new criteria of experimental reporting that may permit internal standardization when certain parameters are fulfilled.
CitationFischle, W. (2020). A new approach for quantifying epigenetic landscapes. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 295(47), 15838–15839. doi:10.1074/jbc.h120.016430
- A physical basis for quantitative ChIP-sequencing.
- Authors: Dickson BM, Tiedemann RL, Chomiak AA, Cornett EM, Vaughan RM, Rothbart SB
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 20
- ChIPseqSpikeInFree: a ChIP-seq normalization approach to reveal global changes in histone modifications without spike-in.
- Authors: Jin H, Kasper LH, Larson JD, Wu G, Baker SJ, Zhang J, Fan Y
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 15
- Quantifying ChIP-seq data: a spiking method providing an internal reference for sample-to-sample normalization.
- Authors: Bonhoure N, Bounova G, Bernasconi D, Praz V, Lammers F, Canella D, Willis IM, Herr W, Hernandez N, Delorenzi M, CycliX Consortium.
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Bioinformatic Analysis for Profiling Drug-induced Chromatin Modification Landscapes in Mouse Brain Using ChlP-seq Data.
- Authors: Loh YE, Feng J, Nestler E, Shen L
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 5
- A clustering approach for identification of enriched domains from histone modification ChIP-Seq data.
- Authors: Zang C, Schones DE, Zeng C, Cui K, Zhao K, Peng W
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 1