T cell receptor repertoire as a potential diagnostic marker for celiac disease.
Neumann, Ralf Stefan
Lundin, Knut E A
Sandve, Geir Kjetil
Embargo End Date2021-11-16
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/666015
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn individual's T cell repertoire is skewed towards some specificities as a result of past antigen exposure and subsequent clonal expansion. Identifying T cell receptor signatures associated with a disease is challenging due to the overall complexity of antigens and polymorphic HLA allotypes. In celiac disease, the antigen epitopes are well characterised and the specific HLA-DQ2-restricted T-cell repertoire associated with the disease has been explored in depth. By investigating T cell receptor repertoires of unsorted lamina propria T cells from 15 individuals, we provide the first proof-of-concept study showing that it could be possible to infer disease state by matching against a priori known disease-associated T cell receptor sequences.
CitationYao, Y., Zia, A., Neumann, R. S., Pavlovic, M., Balaban, G., Lundin, K. E. A., … Qiao, S.-W. (2020). T cell receptor repertoire as a potential diagnostic marker for celiac disease. Clinical Immunology, 108621. doi:10.1016/j.clim.2020.108621
SponsorsThe authors would like to thank Shiva Dahal-Koirala, Louise F Risnes and Ludvig M Sollid for access to the reference TCR database; and Victor Greiff for helpful comments and suggestions that improved the data processing.
This work is funded by Research Council of Norway (project 179573/V40 through the Centre of Excellence funding scheme and project 233885), and grants from the Stiftelsen Kristian Gerhard Jebsen (SKGJ-MED-017).
- TCR sequencing of single cells reactive to DQ2.5-glia-α2 and DQ2.5-glia-ω2 reveals clonal expansion and epitope-specific V-gene usage.
- Authors: Dahal-Koirala S, Risnes LF, Christophersen A, Sarna VK, Lundin KE, Sollid LM, Qiao SW
- Issue date: 2016 May
- A molecular basis for the T cell response in HLA-DQ2.2 mediated celiac disease.
- Authors: Ting YT, Dahal-Koirala S, Kim HSK, Qiao SW, Neumann RS, Lundin KEA, Petersen J, Reid HH, Sollid LM, Rossjohn J
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 11
- High-throughput sequencing of CD4<sup>+</sup> T cell repertoire reveals disease-specific signatures in IgG4-related disease.
- Authors: Wang L, Zhang P, Li J, Lu H, Peng L, Ling J, Zhang X, Zeng X, Zhao Y, Zhang W
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 19
- On the immune response to barley in celiac disease: Biased and public T-cell receptor usage to a barley unique and immunodominant gluten epitope.
- Authors: Dahal-Koirala S, Neumann RS, Jahnsen J, Lundin KEA, Sollid LM
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- A Framework for Annotation of Antigen Specificities in High-Throughput T-Cell Repertoire Sequencing Studies.
- Authors: Pogorelyy MV, Shugay M
- Issue date: 2019