Destabilization of the Bacterial Interactome Identifies Nutrient Restriction-Induced Dysbiosis in Insect Guts
KAUST DepartmentRed Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering (BESE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/666001
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChanges in diet play a role in reshaping the gut microbiome in animals, inducing dysbiotic configurations of the associated microbiome. Although studies have reported on the effects of specific nutrient contents on the diet, studies regarding the conditions altering the microbiome configurations and networking in response to diet changes are limited.
CitationMarasco, R., Fusi, M., Callegari, M., Jucker, C., Mapelli, F., Borin, S., … Crotti, E. (2022). Destabilization of the Bacterial Interactome Identifies Nutrient Restriction-Induced Dysbiosis in Insect Guts. Microbiology Spectrum. doi:10.1128/spectrum.01580-21
SponsorsKing Abdullah University of Science and Technology supported the study through baseline research funds to D.D. E.C. acknowledges personal supports from the project “Microbial Interactions in Insect Hosts (MIIH)” of the University of Milan (Piano di Sostegno della Ricerca 2019: Linea 2 - Dotazione annuale per attività istituzionali). R.M., M.F., E.C., and D.D. conceived and designed the experiments. M.C., C.J., and S.S. collected the samples. M.C., R.M., M.F., J.C., S.S., and E.C. performed the experiments. R.M., M.F., C.J., S.S., and F.M. analyzed the data. D.D., S.B., and E.C. contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools. R.M., M.F., D.D., and E.C. wrote the paper. All authors critically revised the manuscript.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
PubMed Central IDPMC8729773
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
- The Core Gut Microbiome of the American Cockroach, Periplaneta americana, Is Stable and Resilient to Dietary Shifts.
- Authors: Tinker KA, Ottesen EA
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 15
- The Intestinal Microbiota of Hermetia illucens Larvae Is Affected by Diet and Shows a Diverse Composition in the Different Midgut Regions.
- Authors: Bruno D, Bonelli M, De Filippis F, Di Lelio I, Tettamanti G, Casartelli M, Ercolini D, Caccia S
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 15
- The gut and feed residue microbiota changing during the rearing of Hermetia illucens larvae.
- Authors: Cifuentes Y, Glaeser SP, Mvie J, Bartz JO, Müller A, Gutzeit HO, Vilcinskas A, Kämpfer P
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- Dysbiotic microbiome variation in colorectal cancer patients is linked to lifestyles and metabolic diseases.
- Authors: Hoang T, Kim M, Park JW, Jeong SY, Lee J, Shin A
- Issue date: 2023 Jan 28
- The Roles of Inflammation, Nutrient Availability and the Commensal Microbiota in Enteric Pathogen Infection.
- Authors: Stecher B
- Issue date: 2015 Jun