Three-dimensionally two-photon lithography realized vascular grafts.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
KAUST Grant NumberOCRF-2016-CRG5
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/665941
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGeneration of artifical vascular grafts (TEVG) as blood vessel substitutes is a primary challenge in biomaterial and tissue engineering research. Ideally, these grafts should be able to recapitulate physiological and mechanical properties of natural vessels and guide the assembly of an endothelial cell lining to ensure hemo-compatibility. In this paper, we advance on this challenging task by designing and fabricating 3D vessel analogues by two-photon laser lithography using a synthetic photoresist. These scaffolds guarantee human endothelial cell adhesion and proliferation, and proper elastic behaviour to withstand the pressure exerted by blood flow.
CitationLimongi, T., Brigo, L., Tirinato, L., Pagliari, F., Gandin, A., Contessotto, P., … Brusatin, G. (2020). Three-dimensionally two-photon lithography realized vascular grafts. Biomedical Materials. doi:10.1088/1748-605x/abca4b
SponsorsG. B. acknowledges the University of Padova for financial support of through "Finanziamento per le attrezzature scientifiche finalizzate alla ricerca - Bando 2013" and SID project “3D Engineered Biopolymers Micro Fabrication by Two-Photon Laser Additive Manufacturing”. A. G. acknowledges financial support from the KAUST funding through CRG5 project OSR award #: OCRF-2016-CRG5.
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as As the Version of Record of this article is going to be / has been published on a gold open access basis under a CC BY 3.0 licence, this Accepted Manuscript is available for reuse under a CC BY 3.0 licence immediately. Everyone is permitted to use all or part of the original content in this article, provided that they adhere to all the terms of the licence https://creativecommons.org/licences/by/3.0.
- Tissue engineered small-diameter vascular grafts.
- Authors: Schmedlen RH, Elbjeirami WM, Gobin AS, West JL
- Issue date: 2003 Oct
- Electrochemical fabrication of a biomimetic elastin-containing bi-layered scaffold for vascular tissue engineering.
- Authors: Nguyen TU, Shojaee M, Bashur CA, Kishore V
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 9
- Applying elastic fibre biology in vascular tissue engineering.
- Authors: Kielty CM, Stephan S, Sherratt MJ, Williamson M, Shuttleworth CA
- Issue date: 2007 Aug 29
- Elastomeric PGS scaffolds in arterial tissue engineering.
- Authors: Lee KW, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 8
- Electrospun scaffolds for tissue engineering of vascular grafts.
- Authors: Hasan A, Memic A, Annabi N, Hossain M, Paul A, Dokmeci MR, Dehghani F, Khademhosseini A
- Issue date: 2014 Jan