Uniform High-k Amorphous Native Oxide Synthesized by Oxygen Plasma for Top-Gated Transistors.
Liu, L. M.
KAUST DepartmentAdvanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Chemical Science Program
Nanostructured Functional Materials (NFM) laboratory
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2020-09-03
Print Publication Date2020-10-14
Embargo End Date2021-09-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/665760
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe integration of high-k gate dielectrics with two-dimensional (2D) semiconducting channel materials is essential for high-performance and low-power electronics. However, the conformal deposition of a uniform high-k dielectric with sub-1 nm equivalent oxide thickness (EOT) and high interface quality on high-mobility 2D semiconductors is still challenging. Here, we report a facile approach to synthesize a uniform high-k (εr ∼ 22) amorphous native oxide Bi2SeOx on the high-mobility 2D semiconducting Bi2O2Se using O2 plasma at room temperature. The conformal native oxide can directly serve as gate dielectrics with EOT of ∼0.9 nm, while the original properties of underlying 2D Bi2O2Se is preserved. Furthermore, high-resolution area-selective oxidation of Bi2O2Se is achieved to fabricate discrete electronic components. This facile integration of a high-mobility 2D semiconductor and its high-k native oxide holds high promise for next-generation nanoelectronics.
CitationTu, T., Zhang, Y., Li, T., Yu, J., Liu, L., Wu, J., … Peng, H. (2020). Uniform High-k Amorphous Native Oxide Synthesized by Oxygen Plasma for Top-Gated Transistors. Nano Letters, 20(10), 7469–7475. doi:10.1021/acs.nanolett.0c02951
SponsorsThe authors acknowledge financial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21733001, 21525310, and 51672007) and the National Basic Research Program of China (2016YFA0200101). J.Y. and K.L. were supported by the United States Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Science, Basic Energy Sciences, under the award no. DESC0019025.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Low Residual Carrier Concentration and High Mobility in 2D Semiconducting Bi<sub>2</sub>O<sub>2</sub>Se.
- Authors: Wu J, Qiu C, Fu H, Chen S, Zhang C, Dou Z, Tan C, Tu T, Li T, Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Peng LM, Gao P, Yan B, Peng H
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 9
- High-Mobility Flexible Oxyselenide Thin-Film Transistors Prepared by a Solution-Assisted Method.
- Authors: Zhang C, Wu J, Sun Y, Tan C, Li T, Tu T, Zhang Y, Liang Y, Zhou X, Gao P, Peng H
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 12
- Conformal High-K Dielectric Coating of Suspended Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes by Atomic Layer Deposition.
- Authors: Kemelbay A, Tikhonov A, Aloni S, Kuykendall TR
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 28
- High electron mobility and quantum oscillations in non-encapsulated ultrathin semiconducting Bi<sub>2</sub>O<sub>2</sub>Se.
- Authors: Wu J, Yuan H, Meng M, Chen C, Sun Y, Chen Z, Dang W, Tan C, Liu Y, Yin J, Zhou Y, Huang S, Xu HQ, Cui Y, Hwang HY, Liu Z, Chen Y, Yan B, Peng H
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Multifunctional Hybrid Multilayer Gate Dielectrics with Tunable Surface Energy for Ultralow-Power Organic and Amorphous Oxide Thin-Film Transistors.
- Authors: Byun HR, You EA, Ha YG
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 1