KAUST DepartmentComputer Science Program
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Machine Intelligence & kNowledge Engineering Lab
Online Publication Date2020-09-21
Print Publication Date2020-12
Embargo End Date2022-09-22
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/665385
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe goal of zero-shot learning (ZSL) is to build a classifier that recognizes novel categories with no corresponding annotated training data. The typical routine is to transfer knowledge from seen classes to unseen ones by learning a visual-semantic embedding. Existing multi-label zero-shot learning approaches either ignore correlations among labels, suffer from large label combinations, or learn the embedding using only local or global visual features. In this paper, we propose a Graph Convolution Networks based Multi-label Zero-Shot Learning model, abbreviated as MZSL-GCN. Our model first constructs a label relation graph using label co-occurrences and compensates the absence of unseen labels in the training phase by semantic similarity. It then takes the graph and the word embedding of each seen (unseen) label as inputs to the GCN to learn the label semantic embedding, and to obtain a set of inter-dependent object classifiers. MZSL-GCN simultaneously trains another attention network to learn compatible local and global visual features of objects with respect to the classifiers, and thus makes the whole network end-to-end trainable. In addition, the use of unlabeled training data can reduce the bias toward seen labels and boost the generalization ability. Experimental results on benchmark datasets show that our MZSL-GCN competes with state-of-the-art approaches.
CitationOu, G., Yu, G., Domeniconi, C., Lu, X., & Zhang, X. (2020). Multi-label zero-shot learning with graph convolutional networks. Neural Networks, 132, 333–341. doi:10.1016/j.neunet.2020.09.010
SponsorsThis work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (62031003, 61872300 and 62072380).
- Multi-label zero-shot human action recognition via joint latent ranking embedding.
- Authors: Wang Q, Chen K
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Label-activating framework for zero-shot learning.
- Authors: Liu Y, Gao X, Gao Q, Han J, Shao L
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Learning Graph Convolutional Networks for Multi-Label Recognition and Applications.
- Authors: Chen Z, Wei XS, Wang P, Guo Y
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 3
- Deep Ranking for Image Zero-Shot Multi-Label Classification.
- Authors: Ji Z, Cui B, Li H, Jiang YG, Xiang T, Hospedales T, Fu Y
- Issue date: 2020 May 14
- Semantics-Preserving Graph Propagation for Zero-Shot Object Detection.
- Authors: Yan C, Zheng Q, Chang X, Luo M, Yeh CH, Hauptmann AG
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 30