The anticancer activity of an air-stable Pd(I)-NHC (NHC = N-heterocyclic carbene) dimer.
Mane, Manoj Vasisht
Nolan, Steven P.
KAUST DepartmentChemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Embargo End Date2021-09-14
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/665175
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA new dinuclear Pd(i) complex coordinating two bis(NHC) ligands revealed an unsuspected stability despite the unsaturation of the two metal centres. Even more surprisingly, the compound showed high and selective antiproliferative activity against different cancer cell lines and ovarian cancer tumoroids, and the mechanism of action was different from that of cisplatin.
CitationScattolin, T., Bortolamiol, E., Palazzolo, S., Caligiuri, I., Perin, T., Canzonieri, V., … Visentin, F. (2020). The anticancer activity of an air-stable Pd(i)-NHC (NHC = N-heterocyclic carbene) dimer. Chemical Communications. doi:10.1039/d0cc03883k
SponsorsF. R. is thankful to Fondazione AIRC per la Ricerca sul Cancro (Grant AIRC IG23566). For work carried out in Ghent, the UGent BOF and the Moonshot project D2M are gratefully acknowledged.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Metallosupramolecular Architectures Obtained from Poly-N-heterocyclic Carbene Ligands.
- Authors: Sinha N, Hahn FE
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 19
- Silver(I) complexes of mono- and bidentate N-heterocyclic carbene ligands: synthesis, crystal structures, and in vitro antibacterial and anticancer studies.
- Authors: Haque RA, Choo SY, Budagumpi S, Iqbal MA, Al-Ashraf Abdullah A
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 27
- Iridium(I) Compounds as Prospective Anticancer Agents: Solution Chemistry, Antiproliferative Profiles and Protein Interactions for a Series of Iridium(I) N-Heterocyclic Carbene Complexes.
- Authors: Gothe Y, Marzo T, Messori L, Metzler-Nolte N
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 22
- Synthesis and in-depth studies on the anticancer activity of novel palladacyclopentadienyl complexes stabilized by N-Heterocyclic carbene ligands.
- Authors: Scattolin T, Caligiuri I, Mouawad N, El Boustani M, Demitri N, Rizzolio F, Visentin F
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 1
- Antiproliferative effects of two gold(I)-N-heterocyclic carbene complexes in A2780 human ovarian cancer cells: a comparative proteomic study.
- Authors: Magherini F, Fiaschi T, Valocchia E, Becatti M, Pratesi A, Marzo T, Massai L, Gabbiani C, Landini I, Nobili S, Mini E, Messori L, Modesti A, Gamberi T
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 15