Printable CsPbI3 Perovskite Solar Cells with PCE of 19% via an Additive Strategy.
Anthopoulos, Thomas D.
Liu, Shengzhong (Frank)
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Material Science and Engineering Program
KAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Online Publication Date2020-08-31
Print Publication Date2020-10
Embargo End Date2021-09-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/664998
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAll-inorganic CsPbI3 holds promise for efficient tandem solar cells, but reported fabrication techniques are not transferrable to scalable manufacturing methods. Herein, printable CsPbI3 solar cells are reported, in which the charge transporting layers and photoactive layer are deposited by fast blade-coating at a low temperature (≤100 °C) in ambient conditions. High-quality CsPbI3 films are grown via introducing a low concentration of the multifunctional molecular additive Zn(C6 F5 )2 , which reconciles the conflict between air-flow-assisted fast drying and low-quality film including energy misalignment and trap formation. Material analysis reveals a preferential accumulation of the additive close to the perovskite/SnO2 interface and strong chemisorption on the perovskite surface, which leads to the formation of energy gradients and suppressed trap formation within the perovskite film, as well as a 150 meV improvement of the energetic alignment at the perovskite/SnO2 interface. The combined benefits translate into significant enhancement of the power conversion efficiency to 19% for printable solar cells. The devices without encapsulation degrade only by ≈2% after 700 h in air conditions.
CitationChang, X., Fang, J., Fan, Y., Luo, T., Su, H., Zhang, Y., … Zhao, K. (2020). Printable CsPbI 3 Perovskite Solar Cells with PCE of 19% via an Additive Strategy. Advanced Materials, 2001243. doi:10.1002/adma.202001243
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China (2016YFA0202403, 2017YFA0204800), Key Program project of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51933010), National Natural Science Foundation of China (61974085), National University Research Fund (GK201802005), the 111 Project (B14041), the National 1000 Talents Plan program (1110010341).
- α-CsPbI<sub>3</sub> Bilayers via One-Step Deposition for Efficient and Stable All-Inorganic Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Liu C, Yang Y, Syzgantseva OA, Ding Y, Syzgantseva MA, Zhang X, Asiri AM, Dai S, Nazeeruddin MK
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Efficient Stabilization and Passivation for Low-Temperature-Processed γ-CsPbI<sub>3</sub> Solar Cells.
- Authors: Chen H, Zhang T, Wang F, Yang W, Wang Y, Zheng H, Ji L, Yuan S, Gu Y, Liu D, Peng X, Chen L, Li S
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 28
- Cesium lead iodide solar cells controlled by annealing temperature.
- Authors: Kim YG, Kim TY, Oh JH, Choi KS, Kim YJ, Kim SY
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 22
- Stabilizing γ-CsPbI<sub>3</sub> Perovskite via Phenylethylammonium for Efficient Solar Cells with Open-Circuit Voltage over 1.3 V.
- Authors: Ye Q, Ma F, Zhao Y, Yu S, Chu Z, Gao P, Zhang X, You J
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- A Multifunctional Bis-Adduct Fullerene for Efficient Printable Mesoscopic Perovskite Solar Cells.
- Authors: Tian C, Zhang S, Mei A, Rong Y, Hu Y, Du K, Duan M, Sheng Y, Jiang P, Xu G, Han H
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 4