KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Chemical Science Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Embargo End Date2021-06-26
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/663985
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract<p>Sodium acetate enables the synthesis of [Au(NHC)Cl] complexes, as well as their Au-alkynyl and -thiolato derivatives in high yields, under air and in technical grade, green solvents. The mild synthetic methods are also investigated computationally.</p>
CitationScattolin, T., Tzouras, N. V., Falivene, L., Cavallo, L., & Nolan, S. P. (2020). Using sodium acetate for the synthesis of [Au(NHC)X] complexes. Dalton Transactions. doi:10.1039/d0dt02240c
SponsorsWe gratefully acknowledge VLAIO (SBO project CO2PERATE), the Special Research Fund (BOF) of Ghent University for starting and project grants to SPN. L. C. acknowledges King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for support and the KAUST Supercomputing Laboratory for providing computational resources of the supercomputer Shaheen II. Umicore AG is gratefully acknowledged for generous gifts of materials.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Straightforward synthesis of [Au(NHC)X] (NHC = N-heterocyclic carbene, X = Cl, Br, I) complexes.
- Authors: Collado A, Gómez-Suárez A, Martin AR, Slawin AM, Nolan SP
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 21
- A general synthetic route to [Cu(X)(NHC)] (NHC = N-heterocyclic carbene, X = Cl, Br, I) complexes.
- Authors: Santoro O, Collado A, Slawin AM, Nolan SP, Cazin CS
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 18
- The development and catalytic uses of N-heterocyclic carbene gold complexes.
- Authors: Nolan SP
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 15
- Stable Au<sup>III</sup> complexes with four N-heterocyclic carbene groups can be prepared in high yield directly from KAuCl<sub>4</sub>.
- Authors: Mageed AH, Skelton BW, Baker MV
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 28
- Metallosupramolecular Architectures Obtained from Poly-N-heterocyclic Carbene Ligands.
- Authors: Sinha N, Hahn FE
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 19