Synthetic biology open language visual (SBOL visual) version 2.2.
Cox, Robert Sidney
Moreno, Angel Goñi
Le Novere, Nicolas
Sexton, John T
Tabor, Jeffrey J
Vilar, Marta Vazquez
Voigt, Christopher A
Online Publication Date2020-06-11
Print Publication Date2020-06-10
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/663693
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPeople who are engineering biological organisms often find it useful to communicate in diagrams, both about the structure of the nucleic acid sequences that they are engineering and about the functional relationships between sequence features and other molecular species. Some typical practices and conventions have begun to emerge for such diagrams. The Synthetic Biology Open Language Visual (SBOL Visual) has been developed as a standard for organizing and systematizing such conventions in order to produce a coherent language for expressing the structure and function of genetic designs. This document details version 2.2 of SBOL Visual, which builds on the prior SBOL Visual 2.1 in several ways. First, the grounding of molecular species glyphs is changed from BioPAX to SBO, aligning with the use of SBO terms for interaction glyphs. Second, new glyphs are added for proteins, introns, and polypeptide regions (e. g., protein domains), the prior recommended macromolecule glyph is deprecated in favor of its alternative, and small polygons are introduced as alternative glyphs for simple chemicals.
CitationBaig, H., Fontanarossa, P., Kulkarni, V., McLaughlin, J., Vaidyanathan, P., Bartley, B., … Myers, C. (2020). Synthetic biology open language visual (SBOL visual) version 2.2. Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics, 0(0). doi:10.1515/jib-2020-0014
PublisherWalter de Gruyter GmbH
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an open access article licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Public License.
- Synthetic Biology Open Language Visual (SBOL Visual) Version 2.1.
- Authors: Madsen C, Goni Moreno A, Palchick Z, P U, Roehner N, Bartley B, Bhatia S, Bhakta S, Bissell M, Clancy K, Cox RS, Gorochowski T, Grunberg R, Luna A, McLaughlin J, Nguyen T, Le Novere N, Pocock M, Sauro H, Scott-Brown J, Sexton JT, Stan GB, Tabor JJ, Voigt CA, Zundel Z, Myers C, Beal J, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 13
- Synthetic Biology Open Language Visual (SBOL Visual) Version 2.0.
- Authors: Cox RS, Madsen C, McLaughlin J, Nguyen T, Roehner N, Bartley B, Bhatia S, Bissell M, Clancy K, Gorochowski T, Grünberg R, Luna A, Le Novère N, Pocock M, Sauro H, Sexton JT, Stan GB, Tabor JJ, Voigt CA, Zundel Z, Myers C, Beal J, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 19
- Communicating Structure and Function in Synthetic Biology Diagrams.
- Authors: Beal J, Nguyen T, Gorochowski TE, Goñi-Moreno A, Scott-Brown J, McLaughlin JA, Madsen C, Aleritsch B, Bartley B, Bhakta S, Bissell M, Castillo Hair S, Clancy K, Luna A, Le Novère N, Palchick Z, Pocock M, Sauro H, Sexton JT, Tabor JJ, Voigt CA, Zundel Z, Myers C, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 16
- SBOL Visual 2 Ontology.
- Authors: Mısırlı G, Beal J, Gorochowski TE, Stan GB, Wipat A, Myers CJ
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 17
- Synthetic Biology Open Language (SBOL) Version 2.2.0.
- Authors: Cox RS, Madsen C, McLaughlin JA, Nguyen T, Roehner N, Bartley B, Beal J, Bissell M, Choi K, Clancy K, Grünberg R, Macklin C, Misirli G, Oberortner E, Pocock M, Samineni M, Zhang M, Zhang Z, Zundel Z, Gennari JH, Myers C, Sauro H, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 2