Enhancement of critical current density in a superconducting NbSe2 step junction.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Material Science and Engineering Program
Chemical Engineering Program
Advanced Membranes and Porous Materials Research Center
Embargo End Date2021-06-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/662980
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigate the transport properties of a NbSe2 nanodevice consisting of a thin region, a thick region and a step junction. The superconducting critical current density of each region of the nanodevice has been studied as a function of temperature and magnetic field. We find that the critical current density has similar values for both the thin and thick regions away from the junction, while the critical current density of the thin region of the junction increases to approximately 1.8 times as compared with the values obtained for the other regions. We attribute such an enhancement of critical current density to the vortex pinning at the surface step. Our study verifies the enhancement of the critical current density by the geometrical-type pinning and sheds light on the application of 2D superconductors.
CitationHe, X., Wen, Y., Zhang, C., Lai, Z., Chudnovsky, E. M., & Zhang, X. (2020). Enhancement of critical current density in a superconducting NbSe2 step junction. Nanoscale. doi:10.1039/d0nr03902k
SponsorsThis publication is based on research supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) under the Award No. URF/1/3435-01-01 and OSR-2016-CRG5-2977.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Enhancement of superconducting critical current density by Fe impurity substitution in NbSe<sub>2</sub> single crystals and the vortex pinning mechanism.
- Authors: Pervin R, Krishnan M, Rana AK, Kannan M, Arumugam S, Shirage PM
- Issue date: 2017 May 10
- Unusual Suppression of the Superconducting Energy Gap and Critical Temperature in Atomically Thin NbSe<sub>2</sub>.
- Authors: Khestanova E, Birkbeck J, Zhu M, Cao Y, Yu GL, Ghazaryan D, Yin J, Berger H, Forró L, Taniguchi T, Watanabe K, Gorbachev RV, Mishchenko A, Geim AK, Grigorieva IV
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 11
- Edge effect pinning in mesoscopic superconducting strips with non-uniform distribution of defects.
- Authors: Kimmel GJ, Glatz A, Vinokur VM, Sadovskyy IA
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 18
- Strong Proximity Josephson Coupling in Vertically Stacked NbSe<sub>2</sub>-Graphene-NbSe<sub>2</sub> van der Waals Junctions.
- Authors: Kim M, Park GH, Lee J, Lee JH, Park J, Lee H, Lee GH, Lee HJ
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 11
- Enhancement of superconducting properties and flux pinning mechanism on Cr<sub>0.0005</sub>NbSe<sub>2</sub> single crystal under Hydrostatic pressure.
- Authors: Arumugam S, Krishnan M, Ishigaki K, Gouchi J, Pervin R, Selvan GK, Shirage PM, Uwatoko Y
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 23