Solution-Processed Mixed-Dimensional Hybrid Perovskite/Carbon Nanotube Electronics.
Anthopoulos, Thomas D.
Hersam, Mark C
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Mechanical Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2020-03-02
Print Publication Date2020-04-28
Embargo End Date2021-03-03
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/662383
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBenefiting from their extraordinary physical properties, methylammonium lead halide perovskites (PVKs) have attracted significant attention in optoelectronics. However, the PVK-based devices suffer from low carrier mobility and high operation voltage. Here, we utilize sorted semiconducting single-walled carbon nanotubes (95% s-SWCNTs) to enhance the performance of thin-film transistors (TFTs) based on the mixed-cation perovskite (MA1-xFAx)Pb(I1-xBrx)3, enabling mixed-dimensional solution-processed electronics with high mobility (32.25 cm2/(V s)) and low voltage (∼3 V) operation. The resulting mixed-dimensional PVK/SWCNT TFTs possess ON/OFF ratios on the order of 107, enabling the fabrication of high-gain inverters.
CitationMa, C., Clark, S., Liu, Z., Liang, L., Firdaus, Y., Tao, R., … Wu, T. (2020). Solution-Processed Mixed-Dimensional Hybrid Perovskite/Carbon Nanotube Electronics. ACS Nano. doi:10.1021/acsnano.9b07888
SponsorsThis research was supported by the Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC) of Northwestern University (NSFDMR-1720139). This research was supported by Material Science and Engineering (MSE) of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. T.W. and M.H. conceived and supervised the project. C.M., S.C., L.L., R.T., and A.H. wrote the paper. C.M., Z.L., and A.H. fabricated and characterized the devices. Y.F. performed ellipsometry. S.C. synthesized unsorted and sorted s-SWCNT. L.J.L. provided metallic SWCNTs. All authors discussed the results
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Toward Stable Solution-Processed High-Mobility p<i>-</i>Type Thin Film Transistors Based on Halide Perovskites.
- Authors: Jana S, Carlos E, Panigrahi S, Martins R, Fortunato E
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 24
- Selective Conversion from p-Type to n-Type of Printed Bottom-Gate Carbon Nanotube Thin-Film Transistors and Application in Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Inverters.
- Authors: Xu Q, Zhao J, Pecunia V, Xu W, Zhou C, Dou J, Gu W, Lin J, Mo L, Zhao Y, Cui Z
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 12
- Perovskite and Conjugated Polymer Wrapped Semiconducting Carbon Nanotube Hybrid Films for High-Performance Transistors and Phototransistors.
- Authors: Zhu H, Liu A, Luque HL, Sun H, Ji D, Noh YY
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 23
- Effect of surface wettability properties on the electrical properties of printed carbon nanotube thin-film transistors on SiO2/Si substrates.
- Authors: Liu Z, Zhao J, Xu W, Qian L, Nie S, Cui Z
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 9
- Printed thin film transistors and CMOS inverters based on semiconducting carbon nanotube ink purified by a nonlinear conjugated copolymer.
- Authors: Xu W, Dou J, Zhao J, Tan H, Ye J, Tange M, Gao W, Xu W, Zhang X, Guo W, Ma C, Okazaki T, Zhang K, Cui Z
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 28