Contact Resistance Reduction of ZnO Thin Film Transistors (TFTs) with Saw-Shaped Electrode
Shaikh, Sohail F.
Lee, Sang Kyung
Lee, Byoung Hun
Hussain, Muhammad Mustafa
KAUST DepartmentComputer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Electrical Engineering Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627930
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report a saw-shaped electrode architecture ZnO thin film transistor (TFT) for effectively increase channel width. Such a saw-shaped electrode has ~2 times longer contact line at the contact metal/ZnO channel junction. We experimentally observed an enhancement in the output drive current by 50% and reduction in the contact resistance by over 50%, when compared to a typical shaped electrode ZnO TFT consuming the same chip area. This performance enhancement is attributed to extension of channel width. This technique can contribute to device performance enhancement and especially reduction in the contact resistance which is a serious challenge.
CitationPark W, Shaikh SF, Min J, Lee SK, Lee BH, et al. (2018) Contact Resistance Reduction of ZnO Thin Film Transistors (TFTs) with Saw-Shaped Electrode. Nanotechnology. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-6528/aac4b9.
SponsorsThis publication is based upon work supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) under Award No. Sensor Innovation Initiative OSR-2015-Sensors-2707 and KAUST-KFUPM Special Initiative OSR2016-KKI 2880.
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an author-created, un-copyedited version of an article accepted for publication/published in Nanotechnology. IOP Publishing Ltd is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this version of the manuscript or any version derived from it. The Version of Record is available online at http://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6528/aac4b9
- Wavy Architecture Thin-Film Transistor for Ultrahigh Resolution Flexible Displays.
- Authors: Hanna AN, Kutbee AT, Subedi RC, Ooi B, Hussain MM
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Investigation of the Electrical Characteristics of Bilayer ZnO/In₂O₃ Thin-Film Transistors Fabricated by Solution Processing.
- Authors: Lee H, Zhang X, Kim JW, Kim EJ, Park J
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 26
- Bi-layer Channel AZO/ZnO Thin Film Transistors Fabricated by Atomic Layer Deposition Technique.
- Authors: Li H, Han D, Liu L, Dong J, Cui G, Zhang S, Zhang X, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Schottky barrier thin film transistors using solution-processed n-ZnO.
- Authors: Adl AH, Ma A, Gupta M, Benlamri M, Tsui YY, Barlage DW, Shankar K
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Enhancement of the Device Performance and the Stability with a Homojunction-structured Tungsten Indium Zinc Oxide Thin Film Transistor.
- Authors: Park HW, Song A, Choi D, Kim HJ, Kwon JY, Chung KB
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 14