High-Quality Draft Single-Cell Genome Sequence Belonging to the Archaeal Candidate Division SA1, Isolated from Nereus Deep in the Red Sea
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Marine Science Program
Office of the VP
Red Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627899
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCandidate division SA1 encompasses a phylogenetically coherent archaeal group ubiquitous in deep hypersaline anoxic brines around the globe. Recently, the genome sequences of two cultivated representatives from hypersaline soda lake sediments were published. Here, we present a single-cell genome sequence from Nereus Deep in the Red Sea that represents a putatively novel family within SA1.
CitationNgugi DK, Stingl U (2018) High-Quality Draft Single-Cell Genome Sequence Belonging to the Archaeal Candidate Division SA1, Isolated from Nereus Deep in the Red Sea. Genome Announcements 6: e00383–18. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1128/genomea.00383-18.
SponsorsWe acknowledge support from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) to D.K.N. through the Red Sea Center and to U.S. through the SEDCO Research Excellence Award. We thank Andre Antunes and Matt Cahill for help with sample collection and sequencing, respectively.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Archived with thanks to Genome Announcements
- Microbial community of a hydrothermal mud vent underneath the deep-sea anoxic brine lake Urania (eastern Mediterranean).
- Authors: Yakimov MM, Giuliano L, Cappello S, Denaro R, Golyshin PN
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- Metagenomic Insights into the Uncultured Diversity and Physiology of Microbes in Four Hypersaline Soda Lake Brines.
- Authors: Vavourakis CD, Ghai R, Rodriguez-Valera F, Sorokin DY, Tringe SG, Hugenholtz P, Muyzer G
- Issue date: 2016
- Phylogeography, Salinity Adaptations and Metabolic Potential of the Candidate Division KB1 Bacteria Based on a Partial Single Cell Genome.
- Authors: Nigro LM, Hyde AS, MacGregor BJ, Teske A
- Issue date: 2016
- Metazoans of redoxcline sediments in Mediterranean deep-sea hypersaline anoxic basins.
- Authors: Bernhard JM, Morrison CR, Pape E, Beaudoin DJ, Todaro MA, Pachiadaki MG, Kormas KA, Edgcomb VP
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 10
- DNA is preserved and maintains transforming potential after contact with brines of the deep anoxic hypersaline lakes of the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.
- Authors: Borin S, Crotti E, Mapelli F, Tamagnini I, Corselli C, Daffonchio D
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 5