Manganese Catalyzed Regioselective C–H Alkylation: Experiment and Computation
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627876
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA new efficient manganese-catalyzed selective C2-alkylation of indoles via carbenoid insertion has been achieved. The newly developed C-H functionalization protocol provides access to diverse products and shows good functional group tolerance. Mechanistic and computational studies support the formation of a Mn(CO)3 acetate complex as the catalytically active species.
CitationWang C, Maity B, Cavallo L, Rueping M (2018) Manganese Catalyzed Regioselective C–H Alkylation: Experiment and Computation. Organic Letters. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.orglett.8b01179.
SponsorsB.M. and L.C. acknowledge King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for support and the KAUST Supercomputing Laboratory for providing computational resources of the supercomputer Shaheen II
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Rhodium(III)-catalyzed C2-selective carbenoid functionalization and subsequent C7-alkenylation of indoles.
- Authors: Shi J, Yan Y, Li Q, Xu HE, Yi W
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 21
- Ruthenium catalyzed directing group-free C2-selective carbenoid functionalization of indoles by alpha-aryldiazoesters.
- Authors: Chan WW, Yeung SH, Zhou Z, Chan AS, Yu WY
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 5
- An Ir(iii)-catalyzed aryl C-H bond carbenoid functionalization cascade: access to 1,3-dihydroindol-2-ones.
- Authors: Bai S, Chen X, Hu X, Deng Y, Jiang H, Zeng W
- Issue date: 2017 May 3
- FeCl3 catalyzed regioselective C-alkylation of indolylnitroalkenes with amino group substituted arenes.
- Authors: Zanwar MR, Kavala V, Gawande SD, Kuo CW, Huang WC, Kuo TS, Huang HN, He CH, Yao CF
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 21
- Palladium-catalyzed direct 2-alkylation of indoles by norbornene-mediated regioselective cascade C-H activation.
- Authors: Jiao L, Bach T
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 24