Mahfouz_Editors comments-Revis ...
Embargo End Date:
Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
Embargo End Date:
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Desert Agriculture Initiative
Laboratory for Genome Engineering
KAUST Grant NumberOSR-2015-CRG4-2647
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlmost all biological processes involve RNA, making it crucial to develop tools for manipulation of the transcriptome. The bacterial CRISPR/Cas13 system was recently rewired to facilitate RNA manipulation in eukaryotes, including plants. We discuss here the opportunities and limitations of using CRISPR/Cas13 in plants for various types of RNA manipulation.
CitationAli Z, Mahas A, Mahfouz M (2018) CRISPR/Cas13 as a Tool for RNA Interference. Trends in Plant Science 23: 374–378. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tplants.2018.03.003.
SponsorsWe wish to thank the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for their support (award OSR-2015-CRG4-2647).
JournalTrends in Plant Science
- Commentary: RNA editing with CRISPR-Cas13.
- Authors: Matsoukas IG
- Issue date: 2018
- An Overview of CRISPR-Based Tools and Their Improvements: New Opportunities in Understanding Plant-Pathogen Interactions for Better Crop Protection.
- Authors: Barakate A, Stephens J
- Issue date: 2016
- Cas13b Is a Type VI-B CRISPR-Associated RNA-Guided RNase Differentially Regulated by Accessory Proteins Csx27 and Csx28.
- Authors: Smargon AA, Cox DBT, Pyzocha NK, Zheng K, Slaymaker IM, Gootenberg JS, Abudayyeh OA, Essletzbichler P, Shmakov S, Makarova KS, Koonin EV, Zhang F
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 16
- CRISPR interference: RNA-directed adaptive immunity in bacteria and archaea.
- Authors: Marraffini LA, Sontheimer EJ
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Characterization of CRISPR RNA transcription by exploiting stranded metatranscriptomic data.
- Authors: Ye Y, Zhang Q
- Issue date: 2016 Jul