Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Desert Agriculture Initiative
Laboratory for Genome Engineering
KAUST Grant NumberOSR-2015-CRG4-2647
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627624
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlmost all biological processes involve RNA, making it crucial to develop tools for manipulation of the transcriptome. The bacterial CRISPR/Cas13 system was recently rewired to facilitate RNA manipulation in eukaryotes, including plants. We discuss here the opportunities and limitations of using CRISPR/Cas13 in plants for various types of RNA manipulation.
CitationAli Z, Mahas A, Mahfouz M (2018) CRISPR/Cas13 as a Tool for RNA Interference. Trends in Plant Science 23: 374–378. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tplants.2018.03.003.
SponsorsWe wish to thank the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for their support (award OSR-2015-CRG4-2647).
JournalTrends in Plant Science
- CRISPR technology to combat plant RNA viruses: A theoretical model for Potato virus Y (PVY) resistance.
- Authors: Hameed A, Shan-E-Ali Zaidi S, Sattar MN, Iqbal Z, Tahir MN
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- RNA silencing: an antiviral mechanism.
- Authors: Csorba T, Pantaleo V, Burgyán J
- Issue date: 2009
- [The battle of Silence : action and inhibition of RNA silencing during plant/virus interactions].
- Authors: Dunoyer P
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Editing plants for virus resistance using CRISPR-Cas.
- Authors: Green JC, Hu JS
- Issue date: 2017
- Plant RNA silencing in viral defence.
- Authors: Pantaleo V
- Issue date: 2011