In situ observations of coral bleaching in the central Saudi Arabian Red Sea during the 2015/2016 global coral bleaching event
Roik, Anna Krystyna
Voolstra, Christian R.
Berumen, Michael L.
KAUST DepartmentBiological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering (BESE) Division
Marine Science Program
Red Sea Research Center (RSRC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627602
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCoral bleaching continues to be one of the most devastating and immediate impacts of climate change on coral reef ecosystems worldwide. In 2015, a major bleaching event was declared as the
CitationMonroe AA, Ziegler M, Roik A, Röthig T, Hardenstine RS, et al. (2018) In situ observations of coral bleaching in the central Saudi Arabian Red Sea during the 2015/2016 global coral bleaching event. PLOS ONE 13: e0195814. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0195814.
SponsorsBaseline research funds from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology were received by MLB and CRV. Both authors receiving the funding contributed to all aspects of this research project from study design to manuscript preparation.
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
- Subregional variation in cover and diversity of hard coral (Scleractinia) in the Western Province, Solomon Islands following an unprecedented global bleaching event.
- Authors: Denley D, Metaxas A, Scheibling R
- Issue date: 2020
- Ecosystem restructuring along the Great Barrier Reef following mass coral bleaching.
- Authors: Stuart-Smith RD, Brown CJ, Ceccarelli DM, Edgar GJ
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Predicting climate-driven regime shifts versus rebound potential in coral reefs.
- Authors: Graham NA, Jennings S, MacNeil MA, Mouillot D, Wilson SK
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 5
- Homogeneity of coral reef communities across 8 degrees of latitude in the Saudi Arabian Red Sea.
- Authors: Roberts MB, Jones GP, McCormick MI, Munday PL, Neale S, Thorrold S, Robitzch VS, Berumen ML
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 30
- Deep reefs of the Great Barrier Reef offer limited thermal refuge during mass coral bleaching.
- Authors: Frade PR, Bongaerts P, Englebert N, Rogers A, Gonzalez-Rivero M, Hoegh-Guldberg O
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 4