Metal-Organic-Framework-Mediated Nitrogen-Doped Carbon for CO2 Electrochemical Reduction
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA nitrogen-doped carbon was synthesized through the pyrolysis of the well-known metal-organic framework ZIF-8, followed by a subsequent acid treatment, and has been applied as a catalyst in the electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide. The resulting electrode shows Faradaic efficiencies to carbon monoxide as high as ∼78%, with hydrogen being the only byproduct. The pyrolysis temperature determines the amount and the accessibility of N species in the carbon electrode, in which pyridinic-N and quaternary-N species play key roles in the selective formation of carbon monoxide.
CitationWang R, Sun X, Ould-Chikh S, Osadchii D, Bai F, et al. (2018) Metal-Organic-Framework-Mediated Nitrogen-Doped Carbon for CO2 Electrochemical Reduction. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.8b02226.
SponsorsThe authors would like to thank the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for financial support.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Metal-free Nanoporous Carbon as a Catalyst for Electrochemical Reduction of CO2 to CO and CH4.
- Authors: Li W, Seredych M, Rodríguez-Castellón E, Bandosz TJ
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 21
- Highly Dispersed Metal Carbide on ZIF-Derived Pyridinic-N-Doped Carbon for CO<sub>2</sub> Enrichment and Selective Hydrogenation.
- Authors: Li Y, Cai X, Chen S, Zhang H, Zhang KHL, Hong J, Chen B, Kuo DH, Wang W
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 22
- Incorporation of Nitrogen Defects for Efficient Reduction of CO2 via Two-Electron Pathway on Three-Dimensional Graphene Foam.
- Authors: Wu J, Liu M, Sharma PP, Yadav RM, Ma L, Yang Y, Zou X, Zhou XD, Vajtai R, Yakobson BI, Lou J, Ajayan PM
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 13
- Selective Electrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide Using Cu Based Metal Organic Framework for CO<sub>2</sub> Capture.
- Authors: Qiu YL, Zhong HX, Zhang TT, Xu WB, Su PP, Li XF, Zhang HM
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 24
- Fine Co Nanoparticles Encapsulated in a N-Doped Porous Carbon Matrix with Superficial N-Doped Porous Carbon Nanofibers for Efficient Oxygen Reduction.
- Authors: Ma X, Zhao X, Huang J, Sun L, Li Q, Yang X
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 5