Metal-Organic-Framework-Mediated Nitrogen-Doped Carbon for CO2 Electrochemical Reduction
KAUST DepartmentChemical Engineering Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2018-04-11
Print Publication Date2018-05-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627587
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA nitrogen-doped carbon was synthesized through the pyrolysis of the well-known metal-organic framework ZIF-8, followed by a subsequent acid treatment, and has been applied as a catalyst in the electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide. The resulting electrode shows Faradaic efficiencies to carbon monoxide as high as ∼78%, with hydrogen being the only byproduct. The pyrolysis temperature determines the amount and the accessibility of N species in the carbon electrode, in which pyridinic-N and quaternary-N species play key roles in the selective formation of carbon monoxide.
CitationWang R, Sun X, Ould-Chikh S, Osadchii D, Bai F, et al. (2018) Metal-Organic-Framework-Mediated Nitrogen-Doped Carbon for CO2 Electrochemical Reduction. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.8b02226.
SponsorsThe authors would like to thank the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for financial support.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Metal-free Nanoporous Carbon as a Catalyst for Electrochemical Reduction of CO2 to CO and CH4.
- Authors: Li W, Seredych M, Rodríguez-Castellón E, Bandosz TJ
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 21
- MOF-derived nitrogen-doped nanoporous carbon for electroreduction of CO<sub>2</sub> to CO: the calcining temperature effect and the mechanism.
- Authors: Zheng Y, Cheng P, Xu J, Han J, Wang D, Hao C, Alanagh HR, Long C, Shi X, Tang Z
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 14
- Highly Dispersed Metal Carbide on ZIF-Derived Pyridinic-N-Doped Carbon for CO<sub>2</sub> Enrichment and Selective Hydrogenation.
- Authors: Li Y, Cai X, Chen S, Zhang H, Zhang KHL, Hong J, Chen B, Kuo DH, Wang W
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 22
- Nitrogen-doped porous carbon derived from digested sludge for electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide to formate.
- Authors: Qin Z, Jiang X, Cao Y, Dong S, Wang F, Feng L, Chen Y, Guo Y
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 10
- Highly Efficient Porous Carbon Electrocatalyst with Controllable N-Species Content for Selective CO<sub>2</sub> Reduction.
- Authors: Ye L, Ying Y, Sun D, Zhang Z, Fei L, Wen Z, Qiao J, Huang H
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 17