AuthorsCox, Robert Sidney
Le Novère, Nicolas
Sexton, John T.
Tabor, Jeffrey J.
Voigt, Christopher A.
Online Publication Date2018-03-24
Print Publication Date2018-04-25
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627544
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPeople who are engineering biological organisms often find it useful to communicate in diagrams, both about the structure of the nucleic acid sequences that they are engineering and about the functional relationships between sequence features and other molecular species. Some typical practices and conventions have begun to emerge for such diagrams. The Synthetic Biology Open Language Visual (SBOL Visual) has been developed as a standard for organizing and systematizing such conventions in order to produce a coherent language for expressing the structure and function of genetic designs. This document details version 2.0 of SBOL Visual, which builds on the prior SBOL Visual 1.0 standard by expanding diagram syntax to include functional interactions and molecular species, making the relationship between diagrams and the SBOL data model explicit, supporting families of symbol variants, clarifying a number of requirements and best practices, and significantly expanding the collection of diagram glyphs.
CitationCox RS, Madsen C, McLaughlin J, Nguyen T, Roehner N, et al. (2018) Synthetic Biology Open Language Visual (SBOL Visual) Version 2.0. Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics 0. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/jib-2017-0074.
PublisherWalter de Gruyter GmbH
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License. BY-NC-ND 4.0
- Synthetic Biology Open Language Visual (SBOL Visual) Version 2.1.
- Authors: Madsen C, Goni Moreno A, Palchick Z, P U, Roehner N, Bartley B, Bhatia S, Bhakta S, Bissell M, Clancy K, Cox RS, Gorochowski T, Grunberg R, Luna A, McLaughlin J, Nguyen T, Le Novere N, Pocock M, Sauro H, Scott-Brown J, Sexton JT, Stan GB, Tabor JJ, Voigt CA, Zundel Z, Myers C, Beal J, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 13
- Communicating Structure and Function in Synthetic Biology Diagrams.
- Authors: Beal J, Nguyen T, Gorochowski TE, Goñi-Moreno A, Scott-Brown J, McLaughlin JA, Madsen C, Aleritsch B, Bartley B, Bhakta S, Bissell M, Castillo Hair S, Clancy K, Luna A, Le Novère N, Palchick Z, Pocock M, Sauro H, Sexton JT, Tabor JJ, Voigt CA, Zundel Z, Myers C, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 16
- Synthetic Biology Open Language (SBOL) Version 2.0.0.
- Authors: Bartley B, Beal J, Clancy K, Misirli G, Roehner N, Oberortner E, Pocock M, Bissell M, Madsen C, Nguyen T, Zhang Z, Gennari JH, Myers C, Wipat A, Sauro H
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 4
- Synthetic Biology Open Language (SBOL) Version 2.2.0.
- Authors: Cox RS, Madsen C, McLaughlin JA, Nguyen T, Roehner N, Bartley B, Beal J, Bissell M, Choi K, Clancy K, Grünberg R, Macklin C, Misirli G, Oberortner E, Pocock M, Samineni M, Zhang M, Zhang Z, Zundel Z, Gennari JH, Myers C, Sauro H, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 2
- Proposed data model for the next version of the synthetic biology open language.
- Authors: Roehner N, Oberortner E, Pocock M, Beal J, Clancy K, Madsen C, Misirli G, Wipat A, Sauro H, Myers CJ
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 16