AuthorsCox, Robert Sidney
McLaughlin, James Alastair
Gennari, John H.
Online Publication Date2018-04-04
Print Publication Date2018-04-25
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627543
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSynthetic biology builds upon the techniques and successes of genetics, molecular biology, and metabolic engineering by applying engineering principles to the design of biological systems. The field still faces substantial challenges, including long development times, high rates of failure, and poor reproducibility. One method to ameliorate these problems would be to improve the exchange of information about designed systems between laboratories. The synthetic biology open language (SBOL) has been developed as a standard to support the specification and exchange of biological design information in synthetic biology, filling a need not satisfied by other pre-existing standards. This document details version 2.2.0 of SBOL that builds upon version 2.1.0 published in last year's JIB special issue. In particular, SBOL 2.2.0 includes improved description and validation rules for genetic design provenance, an extension to support combinatorial genetic designs, a new class to add non-SBOL data as attachments, a new class for genetic design implementations, and a description of a methodology to describe the entire design-build-test-learn cycle within the SBOL data model.
CitationCox RS, Madsen C, McLaughlin JA, Nguyen T, Roehner N, et al. (2018) Synthetic Biology Open Language (SBOL) Version 2.2.0. Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics 0. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/jib-2018-0001.
PublisherWalter de Gruyter GmbH
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License. BY-NC-ND 4.0
- Synthetic Biology Open Language (SBOL) Version 2.1.0.
- Authors: Beal J, Cox RS, Grünberg R, McLaughlin J, Nguyen T, Bartley B, Bissell M, Choi K, Clancy K, Macklin C, Madsen C, Misirli G, Oberortner E, Pocock M, Roehner N, Samineni M, Zhang M, Zhang Z, Zundel Z, Gennari J, Myers C, Sauro H, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 18
- Synthetic Biology Open Language (SBOL) Version 2.3.
- Authors: Madsen C, Goñi Moreno A, P U, Palchick Z, Roehner N, Atallah C, Bartley B, Choi K, Cox RS, Gorochowski T, Grünberg R, Macklin C, McLaughlin J, Meng X, Nguyen T, Pocock M, Samineni M, Scott-Brown J, Tarter Y, Zhang M, Zhang Z, Zundel Z, Beal J, Bissell M, Clancy K, Gennari JH, Misirli G, Myers C, Oberortner E, Sauro H, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 13
- Synthetic Biology Open Language (SBOL) Version 2.0.0.
- Authors: Bartley B, Beal J, Clancy K, Misirli G, Roehner N, Oberortner E, Pocock M, Bissell M, Madsen C, Nguyen T, Zhang Z, Gennari JH, Myers C, Wipat A, Sauro H
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 4
- Synthetic Biology Open Language Visual (SBOL Visual) Version 2.0.
- Authors: Cox RS, Madsen C, McLaughlin J, Nguyen T, Roehner N, Bartley B, Bhatia S, Bissell M, Clancy K, Gorochowski T, Grünberg R, Luna A, Le Novère N, Pocock M, Sauro H, Sexton JT, Stan GB, Tabor JJ, Voigt CA, Zundel Z, Myers C, Beal J, Wipat A
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 19
- Synthetic biology open language (SBOL) version 3.0.0.
- Authors: Baig H, Fontanarrosa P, Kulkarni V, McLaughlin JA, Vaidyanathan P, Bartley B, Beal J, Crowther M, Gorochowski TE, Grünberg R, Misirli G, Scott-Brown J, Oberortner E, Wipat A, Myers CJ
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 25