On the Evaporation Kinetics of  Fullerene in Aromatic Organic Solvents
KAUST DepartmentComputational Physics and Materials Science (CPMS)
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627527
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigate the effect of C60 fullerene nanospheres on the evaporation kinetics of a number of aromatic solvents with different levels of molecular association, namely, benzene, toluene, and chlorobenzene. The dependence of the evaporation rate on the fullerene concentration is not monotonic but rather exhibits maxima and minima. The results strongly support the notion of molecular structuring within the liquid solvent controlled by the nature of fullerene/solvent interaction and the level of molecular association within the solvent itself.
CitationAmer MS, Wang W, Kollins K, Altalebi H, Schwingenschlogl U (2018) On the evaporation kinetics of  fullerene in aromatic organic solvents. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c8cp01076e.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Dynamic solvation shell and solubility of C60 in organic solvents.
- Authors: Wang CI, Hua CC, Chen SA
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 21
- Solubility of C60 and PCBM in Organic Solvents.
- Authors: Wang CI, Hua CC
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 12
- Linear-scaling density functional simulations of the effect of crystallographic structure on the electronic and optical properties of fullerene solvates.
- Authors: Xue HT, Boschetto G, Krompiec M, Morse GE, Tang FL, Skylaris CK
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 15
- Synthesis, spectroscopic properties and photodynamic activity of porphyrin-fullerene C60 dyads with application in the photodynamic inactivation of Staphylococcus aureus.
- Authors: Ballatore MB, Spesia MB, Milanesio ME, Durantini EN
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 18
- Molecular dynamics study of self-agglomeration of charged fullerenes in solvents.
- Authors: Banerjee S
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 28