Magnetic Reversal and Thermal Stability of CoFeB Perpendicular Magnetic Tunnel Junction Arrays Patterned by Block Copolymer Lithography
Fernandez Martin, Eduardo
Navas Otero, David
Ross, Caroline A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDense arrays of pillars, with diameters of 64 and 25 nm, were made from a perpendicular CoFeB magnetic tunnel junction thin film stack using block copolymer lithography. While the soft layer and hard layer in the 64 nm pillars reverse at different fields, the reversal of the two layers in the 25 nm pillars could not be distinguished, attributed to the strong interlayer magnetostatic coupling. First order reversal curves were used to identify the steps that occur during switching, and the thermal stability and effective switching volume were determined from scan rate dependent hysteresis measurements.
CitationTu K-H, Fernandez Martin E, almasi hamid, Wang W, Navas Otero D, et al. (2018) Magnetic Reversal and Thermal Stability of CoFeB Perpendicular Magnetic Tunnel Junction Arrays Patterned by Block Copolymer Lithography. Nanotechnology. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-6528/aabce8.
SponsorsC-SPIN, a STARnet Center of DARPA and MARCO
- Patterning of sub-50 nm perpendicular CoFeB/MgO-based magnetic tunnel junctions.
- Authors: Tryputen L, Tu KH, Piotrowski SK, Bapna M, Majetich SA, Sun C, Voyles PM, Almasi H, Wang W, Vargas P, Tresback JS, Ross CA
- Issue date: 2016 May 6
- Ultrathin W space layer-enabled thermal stability enhancement in a perpendicular MgO/CoFeB/W/CoFeB/MgO recording frame.
- Authors: Kim JH, Lee JB, An GG, Yang SM, Chung WS, Park HS, Hong JP
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 20
- A perpendicular-anisotropy CoFeB-MgO magnetic tunnel junction.
- Authors: Ikeda S, Miura K, Yamamoto H, Mizunuma K, Gan HD, Endo M, Kanai S, Hayakawa J, Matsukura F, Ohno H
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Current-induced magnetization switching in atom-thick tungsten engineered perpendicular magnetic tunnel junctions with large tunnel magnetoresistance.
- Authors: Wang M, Cai W, Cao K, Zhou J, Wrona J, Peng S, Yang H, Wei J, Kang W, Zhang Y, Langer J, Ocker B, Fert A, Zhao W
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 14
- Voltage-Assisted Magnetic Switching in MgO/CoFeB-Based Magnetic Tunnel Junctions by Way of Interface Reconstruction.
- Authors: Ko J, Hong J
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 6