A Novel Poly(vinylidene fluoride)-Based 4-Miktoarm Star Terpolymer: Synthesis and Self-Assembly
AuthorsPatil, Yogesh Raghunath
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA well-defined amphiphilic miktoarm polymer incorporating poly(vinylidene fluoride) (PVDF), polystyrene (PS), and poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) blocks was synthesized via a combination of atom-transfer radical polymerization (ATRP), iodine transfer radical polymerization (ITP), and copper-catalyzed azide-alkyne cycloaddition (CuAAC). Morphology and self-assembly of this star polymer were examined in organic solvents and in water. The aggregates formed in water were found to possess unusual frustrated topology due to immiscibility of PS and PVDF. The polymer was evaluated for transport of small hydrophobic molecules in water.
CitationPatil Y, Bilalis P, Polymeropoulos G, Almahdali S, Hadjichristidis N, et al. (2018) A Novel Poly(vinylidene fluoride)-Based 4-Miktoarm Star Terpolymer: Synthesis and Self-Assembly. Molecular Pharmaceutics. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.8b00010.
SponsorsFinancial support from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is acknowledged with thanks. The authors would like to thank Dr. Rachid Sougrat (KAUST Imaging and Characterization Core Lab) for his invaluable assistance with cryo-TEM.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Synthesis and Aggregation Behavior of Multi-Responsive Double Hydrophilic ABC Miktoarm Star Terpolymer.
- Authors: Zhang Y, Liu H, Hu J, Li C, Liu S
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 2
- Brush-first synthesis of core-photodegradable miktoarm star polymers via ROMP: towards photoresponsive self-assemblies.
- Authors: Burts AO, Gao AX, Johnson JA
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- pH-responsive supramolecular self-assembly of well-defined zwitterionic ABC miktoarm star terpolymers.
- Authors: Liu H, Li C, Liu H, Liu S
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 21
- Star-Shaped Polyacrylates: Highly Functionalized Architectures via CuAAC Click Conjugation.
- Authors: Lammens M, Fournier D, Fijten MW, Hoogenboom R, Prez FD
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 1
- Synthesis, self-assembly, and drug-loading capacity of well-defined cyclodextrin-centered drug-conjugated amphiphilic A(14)B(7) Miktoarm star copolymers based on poly(epsilon-caprolactone) and poly(ethylene glycol).
- Authors: Gou PF, Zhu WP, Shen ZQ
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 12