Synthesis, characterization and properties of a glycol-coordinated ε-Keggin-type Al13 chloride
Fettinger, James C.
Casey, William H.
Babu Sai Sankar Gupta, Karthick
Jan Heeres, Hero
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical and Biological Engineering Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHerein we present the first example of a glycol-coordinated ε-Keggin Al13 chloride (gl-ε-Al13), which is the first chelated version since discovery of Al13 in 1960. The molecular structure consists of [AlO4Al12(OH)12(OC2H4OH)12]Cl7·H2O units with chelating mono-anionic ethylene glycol units replacing one bridging and one terminal oxygen site.
CitationGu B, Sun C, Fettinger JC, Casey WH, Dikhtiarenko A, et al. (2018) Synthesis, characterization and properties of a glycol-coordinated ε-Keggin-type Al13 chloride. Chemical Communications. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c8cc01363b.
SponsorsS. He thanks financial support from National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21206161). WHC acknowledges financial support by the NSF Phase-3 CCI, Center for Sustainable Materials Chemistry (NSF CHE-1606982). WHC and JCF thank the National Science Foundation (Grant CHE-1531193) for the dual-source X-ray diffractometer.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Aggregation and Dissociation of Aqueous Al<sub>13</sub> Induced by Fluoride Substitution.
- Authors: Wang X, Zhang G, Fu X, Hu C, Liu R, Liu H, Xu X, Qu J
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 6
- A giant polyaluminum species S-Al32 and two aluminum polyoxocations involving coordination by sulfate ions S-Al32 and S-K-Al13.
- Authors: Sun Z, Wang H, Tong H, Sun S
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 17
- Copper-glyphosate sorption to microcrystalline gibbsite in the presence of soluble Keggin Al13 polymers.
- Authors: Dubbin WE, Sposito G
- Issue date: 2005 Apr 15
- Theoretical investigation of water exchange on the nanometer-sized polyoxocation AlO4Al12(OH)24(H2O)12(7+) (Keggin-Al13) in aqueous solution.
- Authors: Qian Z, Feng H, Yang W, Bi S
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 5
- Solid-State <sup>27</sup>Al NMR Spectroscopy of the γ-Al<sub>13</sub> Keggin Containing Al Coordinated by a Terminal Hydroxyl Ligand.
- Authors: Phillips BL, Ohlin CA, Vaughn J, Woerner W, Smart S, Subramanyam R, Pan L
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 5