Alternative Thieno[3,2-b]benzothiophene Isoindigo Polymers for Solar Cell Applications
Hallani, Rawad K.
KAUST DepartmentKAUST Solar Center (KSC)
Physical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
Imaging and Characterization Core Lab
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627288
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis work reports the synthesis, characterization, photophysical, and photovoltaic properties of five new thieno[3,2-b]benzothiophene isoindigo (TBTI)-containing low bandgap donor-acceptor conjugated polymers with a series of comonomers and different side chains. When TBTI is combined with different electron-rich moieties, even small structural variations can have significant impact on thin film morphology of the polymer:phenyl C70 butyric acid methyl ester (PCBM) blends. More importantly, high-resolution electron energy loss spectroscopy is used to investigate the phase-separated bulk heterojunction domains, which can be accurately and precisely resolved, enabling an enhanced correlation between polymer chemical structure, photovoltaic device performance, and morphology.
CitationNeophytou M, Bryant D, Lopatin S, Chen H, Hallani RK, et al. (2018) Alternative Thieno[3,2-b]benzothiophene Isoindigo Polymers for Solar Cell Applications. Macromolecular Rapid Communications: 1700820. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/marc.201700820.
SponsorsThe authors thank the financial support by Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship with the 7th European Community Framework Programme (No. FP7-PEOPLE-2013-IEF-622187), the Young National 1000-Talents Program of China, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 21702240), EC FP7 SC2 (No. 610115), EC H2020 (No. 643791), and EPSRC Project Nos. EP/G037515/1 P/M024873/1 and EP/M005143/1.
- Computational study on the effects of substituent and heteroatom on physical properties and solar cell performance in donor-acceptor conjugated polymers based on benzodithiophene.
- Authors: Zhang L, Shen W, He R, Liu X, Fu Z, Li M
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Molecular packing and solar cell performance in blends of polymers with a bisadduct fullerene.
- Authors: Miller NC, Sweetnam S, Hoke ET, Gysel R, Miller CE, Bartelt JA, Xie X, Toney MF, McGehee MD
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 14
- New n-Type Solution Processable All Conjugated Polymer Network: Synthesis, Optoelectronic Characterization, and Application in Organic Solar Cells.
- Authors: Bildirir H, Di Carlo Rasi D, Wienk MM, Janssen RAJ, Avgeropoulos A, Gregoriou VG, Allard S, Scherf U, Chochos CL
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Synthesis of a novel low-bandgap polymer based on a ladder-type Heptacyclic arene consisting of outer thieno[3,2-b]thiophene units for efficient photovoltaic application.
- Authors: Xu X, Cai P, Lu Y, Choon NS, Chen J, Ong BS, Hu X
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 25
- Beyond Donor-Acceptor (D-A) Approach: Structure-Optoelectronic Properties-Organic Photovoltaic Performance Correlation in New D-A<sub>1</sub> -D-A<sub>2</sub> Low-Bandgap Conjugated Polymers.
- Authors: Chochos CL, Drakopoulou S, Katsouras A, Squeo BM, Sprau C, Colsmann A, Gregoriou VG, Cando AP, Allard S, Scherf U, Gasparini N, Kazerouni N, Ameri T, Brabec CJ, Avgeropoulos A
- Issue date: 2017 Apr