Draft Genome Sequences of Four Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica Serovar Enteritidis Strains Implicated in Infections of Avian and Human Hosts
Bajic, Vladimir B.
KAUST DepartmentComputational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division
Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Program
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/627007
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSalmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Enteritidis is a wide-host-range pathogen. Occasionally, it is involved in invasive infections, leading to a high mortality rate. Here, we present the draft genome sequences of four S Enteritidis strains obtained from human and avian hosts that had been involved in bacteremia, gastroenteritis, and primary infections.
CitationAn R, Lin P, Bougouffa S, Essack M, Boxrud D, et al. (2018) Draft Genome Sequences of Four Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica Serovar Enteritidis Strains Implicated in Infections of Avian and Human Hosts. Genome Announcements 6: e01550–17. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1128/genomea.01550-17.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the start-up fund provided to S.V. by the Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Minnesota. S.B., M.E., and V.B.B. were supported by the KAUST research grants URF/1/2302-01-01, FCC/1/1976-02-01, and BAS/1/1606-01-01, respectively.
PublisherAmerican Society for Microbiology
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
- Draft Genome Sequences of 256 <i>Salmonella enterica</i> subsp. <i>enterica</i> Serovar Enteritidis Strains Isolated from Humans, Food, Chickens, and Farm Environments in Brazil.
- Authors: Campioni F, Cao G, Kastanis G, Sanchez Leon M, Bergamini AMM, Rodrigues DDP, Allard MW, Falcão JP
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 13
- Draft Genome Sequences of 30 Salmonella enterica Serovar Enteritidis Isolates Associated with Multiple Outbreaks in Brazil.
- Authors: Cao G, Balkey M, Jin Q, Brown E, Allard M, de Melo ANF, de Oliveira TCRM, Magnani M, Macarisin D
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 12
- Draft Genome Sequences of Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica Serovars Typhimurium and Nottingham Isolated from Food Products.
- Authors: Wang H, Zheng J, Ayers S, Melka DC, Curry PE, Payne JS, Laasri A, Wang C, Hammack TS, Brown EW
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 21
- High-Quality Draft Whole-Genome Sequences of 162 Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica Serovar Enteritidis Strains Isolated from Diverse Sources in Canada.
- Authors: Rehman MA, Ziebell K, Nash JH, Kropinski AM, Zong Z, Nafziger E, Boerlin P, Chui L, Devenish J, Bekal S, Graham M, Johnson RP
- Issue date: 2014 May 1
- Genome sequencing and analysis of <i>Salmonella enterica</i> subsp. <i>enterica</i> serovar Stanley UPM 517: Insights on its virulence-associated elements and their potentials as vaccine candidates.
- Authors: Ashari KS, Roslan NS, Omar AR, Bejo MH, Ideris A, Mat Isa N
- Issue date: 2019