Fabry-Pérot Oscillation and Room Temperature Lasing in Perovskite Cube-Corner Pyramid Cavities
KAUST DepartmentLaboratory of Nano Oxides for Sustainable Energy
Material Science and Engineering Program
Physical Science and Engineering (PSE) Division
Online Publication Date2018-01-10
Print Publication Date2018-03
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626966
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecently, organometal halide perovskite-based optoelectronics, particularly lasers, have attracted intensive attentions because of its outstanding spectral coherence, low threshold, and wideband tunability. In this work, high-quality CH3 NH3 PbBr3 single crystals with a unique shape of cube-corner pyramids are synthesized on mica substrates using chemical vapor deposition method. These micropyramids naturally form cube-corner cavities, which are eminent candidates for small-sized resonators and retroreflectors. The as-grown perovskites show strong emission ≈530 nm in the vertical direction at room temperature. A special Fabry-Pérot (F-P) mode is employed to interpret the light confinement in the cavity. Lasing from the perovskite pyramids is observed from 80 to 200 K, with threshold ranging from ≈92 µJ cm-2 to 2.2 mJ cm-2 , yielding a characteristic temperature of T0 = 35 K. By coating a thin layer of Ag film, the threshold is reduced from ≈92 to 26 µJ cm-2 , which is accompanied by room temperature lasing with a threshold of ≈75 µJ cm-2 . This work advocates the prospect of shape-engineered perovskite crystals toward developing micro-sized optoelectronic devices and potentially investigating light-matter coupling in quantum optics.
CitationMi Y, Liu Z, Shang Q, Niu X, Shi J, et al. (2018) Fabry-Pérot Oscillation and Room Temperature Lasing in Perovskite Cube-Corner Pyramid Cavities. Small: 1703136. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.201703136.
SponsorsY.M. and Z.L. contributed equally to this work. X.F.L. thanks the support from the Ministry of Science and Technology (Nos. 2016YFA0200700 and 2017YFA0205004), National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 21673054), Key Research Program of Frontier Science, CAS (No. QYZDB-SSW-SYS031). Q.Z. acknowledges funding support from the Ministry of Science and Technology (2017YFA0205700; 2017YFA0304600) and Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61774003). Q.Z. also acknowledges the support of start-up funding from Peking University, one-thousand talent programs from Chinese government, open research fund program of the state key laboratory of low-dimensional quantum physics. Y.M. thanks the financial support from China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 2017M620031). W.D. thanks the funding support from the Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61704038).
- Temperature-Dependent Lasing of CsPbI(3) Triangular Pyramid.
- Authors: Yang L, Li Z, Liu C, Yao X, Li H, Liu X, Liu J, Zhu P, Liu B, Cui T, Sun C, Bao Y
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 21
- Vapor Growth and Tunable Lasing of Band Gap Engineered Cesium Lead Halide Perovskite Micro/Nanorods with Triangular Cross Section.
- Authors: Zhou H, Yuan S, Wang X, Xu T, Wang X, Li H, Zheng W, Fan P, Li Y, Sun L, Pan A
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 28
- High-Quality Hexagonal Nonlayered CdS Nanoplatelets for Low-Threshold Whispering-Gallery-Mode Lasing.
- Authors: Mi Y, Jin B, Zhao L, Chen J, Zhang S, Shi J, Zhong Y, Du W, Zhang J, Zhang Q, Zhai T, Liu X
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Broad Wavelength Tunable Robust Lasing from Single-Crystal Nanowires of Cesium Lead Halide Perovskites (CsPbX3, X = Cl, Br, I).
- Authors: Fu Y, Zhu H, Stoumpos CC, Ding Q, Wang J, Kanatzidis MG, Zhu X, Jin S
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 23
- Lasing from lead halide perovskite semiconductor microcavity system.
- Authors: Wang J, Da P, Zhang Z, Luo S, Liao L, Sun Z, Shen X, Wu S, Zheng G, Chen Z
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 7