Creation of Single Chain of Nanoscale Skyrmion Bubbles with Record-high Temperature Stability in a Geometrically Confined Nanostripe
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Materials Science and Engineering Program
KAUST Grant NumberCRF-2015-2549-CRG4
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626964
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNanoscale topologically nontrivial spin textures, such as magnetic skyrmions, have been identified as promising candidates for the transport and storage of information for spintronic applications, notably magnetic racetrack memory devices. The design and realization of a single skyrmion chain at room temperature (RT) and above in the low-dimensional nanostructures are of great importance for future practical applications. Here, we report the creation of a single skyrmion bubble chain in a geometrically confined Fe3Sn2 nanostripe with a width comparable to the featured size of a skyrmion bubble. Systematic investigations on the thermal stability have revealed that the single chain of skyrmion bubbles can keep stable at temperatures varying from RT up to a record-high temperature of 630 K. This extreme stability can be ascribed to the weak temperature-dependent magnetic anisotropy and the formation of edge states at the boundaries of the nanostripes. The realization of the highly stable skyrmion bubble chain in a geometrically confined nanostructure is a very important step toward the application of skyrmion-based spintronic devices.
CitationHou Z, Zhang Q, Xu G, Gong C, Ding B, et al. (2018) Creation of Single Chain of Nanoscale Skyrmion Bubbles with Record-High Temperature Stability in a Geometrically Confined Nanostripe. Nano Letters. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.7b04900.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Key R&D Program of China (Grant 2017FA0303202), National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grants 11604148, 1561145003, 11574374), King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) under Award CRF-2015-2549-CRG4, and Strategic Priority Research Program B of the Chinese Academy of Sciences under Grant XDB07010300.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Creation of Magnetic Skyrmion Bubble Lattices by Ultrafast Laser in Ultrathin Films.
- Authors: Je SG, Vallobra P, Srivastava T, Rojas-Sánchez JC, Pham TH, Hehn M, Malinowski G, Baraduc C, Auffret S, Gaudin G, Mangin S, Béa H, Boulle O
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 14
- Edge-mediated skyrmion chain and its collective dynamics in a confined geometry.
- Authors: Du H, Che R, Kong L, Zhao X, Jin C, Wang C, Yang J, Ning W, Li R, Jin C, Chen X, Zang J, Zhang Y, Tian M
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 8
- Observation of Various and Spontaneous Magnetic Skyrmionic Bubbles at Room Temperature in a Frustrated Kagome Magnet with Uniaxial Magnetic Anisotropy.
- Authors: Hou Z, Ren W, Ding B, Xu G, Wang Y, Yang B, Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Liu E, Xu F, Wang W, Wu G, Zhang X, Shen B, Zhang Z
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Manipulating the Topology of Nanoscale Skyrmion Bubbles by Spatially Geometric Confinement.
- Authors: Hou Z, Zhang Q, Xu G, Zhang S, Gong C, Ding B, Li H, Xu F, Yao Y, Liu E, Wu G, Zhang X, Wang W
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 3
- Direct imaging of magnetic field-driven transitions of skyrmion cluster states in FeGe nanodisks.
- Authors: Zhao X, Jin C, Wang C, Du H, Zang J, Tian M, Che R, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2016 May 3