Catalytic Ester to Stannane Functional Group Interconversion via Decarbonylative Cross-Coupling of Methyl Esters
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626890
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAn unprecedented conversion of methyl esters to stannanes was realized, providing access to a series of arylstannanes via nickel catalysis. Various common esters including ethyl, cyclohexyl, benzyl, and phenyl esters can undergo the newly developed decarbonylative stannylation reaction. The reaction shows broad substrate scope, can differentiate between different types of esters, and if applied in consecutive fashion, allows the transformation of methyl esters into aryl fluorides or biaryls via fluororination or arylation.
CitationYue H, Zhu C, Rueping M (2018) Catalytic Ester to Stannane Functional Group Interconversion via Decarbonylative Cross-Coupling of Methyl Esters. Organic Letters 20: 385–388. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.orglett.7b03669.
SponsorsH.Y. was supported by the China Scholarship Council.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
- Functional Group Interconversion: Decarbonylative Borylation of Esters for the Synthesis of Organoboronates.
- Authors: Guo L, Rueping M
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 14
- Decarbonylative C-H coupling of azoles and aryl esters: unprecedented nickel catalysis and application to the synthesis of muscoride A.
- Authors: Amaike K, Muto K, Yamaguchi J, Itami K
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 22
- Ruthenium catalyzed decarbonylative arylation at sp3 carbon centers in pyrrolidine and piperidine heterocycles.
- Authors: Gribkov DV, Pastine SJ, Schnürch M, Sames D
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 26
- Catalytic Ester and Amide to Amine Interconversion: Nickel-Catalyzed Decarbonylative Amination of Esters and Amides by C-O and C-C Bond Activation.
- Authors: Yue H, Guo L, Liao HH, Cai Y, Zhu C, Rueping M
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 3
- Nickel-Catalyzed Decarbonylative Stannylation of Acyl Fluorides under Ligand-Free Conditions.
- Authors: Wang X, Wang Z, Liu L, Asanuma Y, Nishihara Y
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 28