Weak antilocalization effect in exfoliated black phosphorus revealed by temperature- and angle-dependent magnetoconductivity
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Materials Science and Engineering Program
KAUST Grant NumberCRF-2015-2549-CRG4
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecently, there have been increasingly debates on whether there exists a surface resonance state (SRS) in black phosphorus (BP), as suggested by recent angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (ARPES) results. To resolve this issue, we have performed temperature- and angle-dependent magnetoconductivity measurements on exfoliated, high-quality BP single crystals. A pronounced weak-antilocalization (WAL) effect was observed within a narrow temperature range of 8 - 16 K, with the electrical current flowing parallel to the cleaved ac-plane (along the a- or c-axis) and the magnetic field along the b-axis. The angle-dependent magnetoconductivity and the Hikami-Larkin-Nagaoka (HLN) model-fitted results have revealed that the observed WAL effect shows surface-bulk coherent features, which supports the existence of SRS in black phosphorus.
CitationHou Z, Gong C, Wang Y, Zhang Q, Yang B, et al. (2018) Weak antilocalization effect in exfoliated black phosphorus revealed by temperature- and angle-dependent magnetoconductivity. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-648x/aaa68e.
SponsorsThis work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, NSFC (Grant Nos. 11474343 and 11574374), King Abdullah University of Science Technology (KAUST) Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) under Award No: CRF-2015-2549-CRG4, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation NO. Y6BK011M51, and Strategic Priority Research Program B of the Chinese Academy of Sciences under the grant No. XDB07010300, Ministry of Science and Technology of China (2017YFA0206303).
- Fermi level tuning and weak localization/weak antilocalization competition of bulk single crystalline Bi(2-x)Sb(x)Se2Te compounds.
- Authors: Shon WH, Rhyee JS
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 21
- Quantum coherence phenomenon in disordered Bi<sub>2</sub>SeTe<sub>2</sub> topological single crystal: effect of annealing.
- Authors: Amaladass EP, Devidas TR, Sharma S, Mani A
- Issue date: 2017 May 4
- Weak antilocalization in Cd3As2 thin films.
- Authors: Zhao B, Cheng P, Pan H, Zhang S, Wang B, Wang G, Xiu F, Song F
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 3
- Thickness-dependent transport channels in topological insulator Bi2Se3 thin films grown by magnetron sputtering.
- Authors: Wang WJ, Gao KH, Li ZQ
- Issue date: 2016 May 4
- Multiple state transport deduced by weak antilocalization and electron-electron interaction effects in Sb(x)Te(1-x) layers.
- Authors: Takagaki Y, Jahn U, Giussani A, Calarco R
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 5