Polymersomes with asymmetric membranes and self-assembled superstructures using pentablock quintopolymers resolved by electron tomography
AuthorsHaataja, J. S.
KAUST DepartmentPhysical Sciences and Engineering (PSE) Division
Chemical Science Program
KAUST Catalysis Center (KCC)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/626835
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPolystyrene-block-poly(1,4-isoprene)-block-poly(dimethyl siloxane)-block-poly(tert-butyl methacrylate)-block-poly(2-vinyl pyridine), PS-b-PI-b-PDMS-b-PtBMA-b-P2VP, self-assembles in acetone into polymersomes with asymmetric (directional) PI-b-PDMS membranes. The polymersomes, in turn, self-assemble into superstructures. Analogically to supravesicular structures at a smaller length scale, we refer to them as suprapolymersome structures. Electron tomograms are shown to be invaluable in the structural assessment of such complex self-assemblies.
CitationHaataja JS, Houbenov N, Aseyev V, Fragouli P, Iatrou H, et al. (2018) Polymersomes with asymmetric membranes and self-assembled superstructures using pentablock quintopolymers resolved by electron tomography. Chemical Communications. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c7cc07306b.
SponsorsJ. S. Haataja, N. Houbenov and O. Ikkala acknowledge the Academy of Finland and ERC (MIMEFUN, project number 291364) for funding. R. Sougrat and N. Hadjichristidis acknowledge the support from the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). This work made use of the Aalto University Nanomicroscopy Center (Aalto-NMC) premises.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Water-stable diblock polystyrene-block-poly(2-vinyl pyridine) and diblock polystyrene-block-poly(methyl methacrylate) cylindrical patterned surfaces inhibit settlement of zoospores of the green alga Ulva.
- Authors: Grozea CM, Gunari N, Finlay JA, Grozea D, Callow ME, Callow JA, Lu ZH, Walker GC
- Issue date: 2009 Apr 13
- Oil-in-Oil Emulsions Stabilized by Asymmetric Polymersomes Formed by AC + BC Block Polymer Co-Assembly.
- Authors: Asano I, So S, Lodge TP
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 13
- CdS/C60 binary nanocomposite films prepared via phase transition of PS-b-P2VP block copolymer.
- Authors: Lee JP, Koh HD, Shin WJ, Kang NG, Park S, Lee JS
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 1
- Towards nanoporous membranes based on ABC triblock terpolymers.
- Authors: Sperschneider A, Schacher F, Gawenda M, Tsarkova L, Müller AH, Ulbricht M, Krausch G, Köhler J
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Separation of poly(styrene-block-t-butyl methacrylate) copolymers by various liquid chromatography techniques.
- Authors: Smigovec Ljubič T, Pahovnik D, Zigon M, Zagar E
- Issue date: 2012